Chapter 7

❀ Chapter Seven ❀

Chapter Seven 

Wednesday

[8:21pm]

"What was that about?" Lina asks, turning to face Jay as they stand in the dorm building. His eyes search her face for a moment before shrugging, looking away. Lina had been waiting for Jay in her room before she had heard shouting, looking out her window to see the two boys standing in front of the building. She had come downstairs and asked what was going on, only to be met with no answers. 

"Nothing, just Hyun being Hyun." He mumbles, looking anywhere except at her. Lina crosses her arms over her chest, leveling her gaze at the boy. 

"I've know Hyun for years, I've never seen him look that angry." She says, shifting on her feet. Jay lets out an obviously tired sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Well, I have." He mumbles, stepping around the girl. She scoffs as she watches him walk away, following him into the elevator. 

"How was your dinner at home?" Lina asks, watching the floor number rise. As soon as the doors open, Jay is already out of the elevator. 

"I have to grab my laptop." He mumbles as he walks down the hall, Lina hums in response. She startles when Jay slams his door shut behind him, the girl frowning as she walks into her own dorm. Lina leaves the door open, sitting on her bed with her computer in front of her. When the door opens again, Jay walks in quietly. He sits at Lina's desk, sighing as he relaxes into her chair. 

"Let's get this over with." He says with a sigh, running his fingers through his hair. Lina stares at him for a moment, his eyes focused intently on his computer screen. She wants to ask what's wrong now but decides against it, turning her attention to the school work now displayed on her own screen. 

❀✿❀

[11:24pm]

Lina lets out a quiet yawn, covering her mouth with her hand. She rolls her neck, pulling her glasses off of her face as she looks up at Jay. He was still focused on his computer, and he had barely spoken to the girl since he had sat down except for a few questions about their project. Lina leans back on her hands, tilting her head to the side as she watches him. 

"It's rude to stare, bunny." Jay says with a long sigh, not taking his eyes off of his screen. Lina rolls her eyes, hugging a pillow against her chest.