Chapter 13

❀ Chapter Thirteen ❀

Chapter Thirteen 

He was really just sitting in front of her. Jay was here, after complete radio silence for two whole weeks. Now, he was here and he was sitting in her bedroom. He's clearly avoiding looking at her, wringing his hands.

"Just tell me where you went." Lina says, her voice quieter than she meant for it to be. It wasn't what she really wanted him to tell her right now, but it was the easiest thing for her to ask. Jay takes a deep breath, sitting back in his seat. He still doesn't look directly at the girl, focusing on his hands as he fidgets with his rings. 

"I was working with my father's company, we had to switch around business partners." Jay says, Lina trying not to groan at the vague response. She pauses as she processes his words, her eyes widening when she fully realizes what he could mean. 

"Are you talking about Soyun and Hyun?" She asks, leaning forward in her seat. Jay nods, leaning forward again with his elbows resting on his knees. 

"After what they did, I told my father and he decided that it would be best to end all contracts that we had with both of their families." He says, his voice shaking with the sound of barely contained anger. 

"Why would you do that?" Lina asks, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly. Jay's head snaps up, the boy looking at her with an almost surprised expression. 

"Seriously?" He asks, staring at her. Lina straightens, tensing at the tone of his voice. 

"Lina, I did it for you. Since I kissed you, I have been doing everything to make things easier for you." Jay says, standing from his seat. Lina freezes completely as she watches him, her mouth dropping open as she tries to think of what she is even supposed to say to that. 

"What are you-" Lina curses herself when she stutters, her eyebrows knitting together as she tries to collect her thoughts. 

"I love you." Jay says loudly, completely cutting off anything else the girl could possibly say. The room falls quiet, his words hanging in the air between them. Lina stands, holding her hands in her hair. She shakes her head rapidly, walking to the other side of her bedroom. 

"No, you can't do that." Lina says, her voice shaking slightly. Her sense feel out of control, the girl completely overwhelmed by everything that had happened since Jay had walked into her bedroom. 

"What can I not do?" Jay asks, crossing his arms over his chest. He walks around the small couch he had been sitting on, the boy leaning against the back of it. 

"You can't just tell me that you love me after completely ignoring me for two weeks, Jay. That's not how this works!" Lina shouts, not caring if her friends downstairs could hear her. "All I wanted was to talk to you, for you to be around me. I remember seeing you before I went into the hospital, and I remember you coming when I wanted to see you after I woke up. So, why did you disappear for so long?" Tears are streaming down Lina's cheeks now, her body shaking with an uncontrollable emotion that she didn't understand. She felt betrayed, completely and utterly betrayed.