Chapter 12

☆ Chapter Twelve ☆

Chapter Twelve 

[Two weeks later]

"Are we really going to end a year-long business relationship all because of a mistake my daughter made and apologized for?" Mr. Oh, Soyun's father, asks. He looks around at the other people at the table, Jay and his father sitting at the end of the long conference table. 

"That mistake that your daughter made put my daughter in the hospital, for three days." Mr. Bae says firmly, leveling his stern gaze at Mr. Oh. 

"Yes, I know that, I also realize how awful that must have been for you Mr. Bae. I still don't see how you could allow that to affect our business relationship." Mr. Oh says, throwing his arms up in obvious frustration. Lina's father clenches his fists, glancing at Jay and his father. 

"It has been explained to me that Soyun and Hyun drugged Lina to separate her from my son, which means that your two children have put our two children in danger. How could you have me continue to do business with you when your children have continuously made ours uncomfortable?" Jay's father asks, motioning to Mr. Oh and Mr. Choi. The two men glance at each other, and then at their children. Soyun flutters her eyelashes at her father, Hyun cowering away from his.  

"If my son apologizes to Lina publicly, will that help?" Mr. Choi asks, adjusting his suit jacket. Mr. Bae scoffs, turning his full attention Hyun. 

"My daughter already informed me that Hyun has showed up at our residence several times to 'apologize'. Luckily for her, she has friends with her at all times." He says, tapping a finger against the top of the table. Jay tenses at this, slowly turning his to Hyun. 

"You did what now?" He asks quietly from across the table, putting both of his palms on top of the table. Hyun almost looks startled as every person in the room turns to look at him, the boy sinking further into his seat. Jay's father pats him on the hand, Jay reluctantly leaning back in his chair. 

"I believe I've heard enough, the termination contracts are here for you two to sign. I will also say that the agreement that Jay and Soyun would marry is also no longer valid, Mr. Oh. " Mr. Park says firmly, watching as his assistant hands out the contracts in her hands. Jay catches the grateful glance that Mr. Bae sends their way, nodding his head to the older man. 

As soon as Hyun and Soyun's fathers have reluctantly signed their respective contracts, they stand with their children and walk out of the conference room. Mr. Park lets out a long sigh, leaning back in his chair. 

"Thank you, Dad." Jay says, fidgeting with his fingers. His father pats him on the shoulder, returning Mr. Bae's grateful smile. 

"If you'll excuse us, son. I have some things to discuss with Leo." Mr. Park says, Jay nodding as he pushes himself to his feet. He pats Mr. Bae's shoulder as he walks past the older man, stepping out into the hallway. Jay pulls his phone out of his pocket, running his fingers through his hair when he sees the three texts from Lina.