Chapter 8

☆ Chapter Six ☆

Chapter Six

Wednesday

[11:28pm]

Shit. Shit. Shit. What was that? Jay clutches his chest as he stands in his dorm, leaning against the door like he was hiding. He holds both of his hands in his hair, his breathing coming in too fast. The boy's heart felt like it was going to beat right out of his chest, one of his hands flying up to lightly touch his lips. 

Why did I kiss her? Jay runs a hand down his face, squeezing his eyes shut like it was going to make everything go away. He knows that it won't, knows that he has royally fucked up. Jay kissed Lina, on the lips. Her soft lips that tasted like vanilla. He could still feel the warmth from her face on his palms, the feeling of her soft skin against his. Jay flexes his fingers, feeling tenser than he ever had before. 

"What have I done?" He mutters, sitting on the edge of his bed. He holds his hands in his hair, his leg bouncing anxiously. 

Jay wasn't supposed to kiss Lina, he wasn't even supposed to like her. He's technically engaged to Soyun, he can't do this. His father is counting on him, there was no way that Jay could ever have anything with Lina. 

He lays back on his bed, staring at his ceiling with an unfocused gaze. Jay doesn't even register when Hyun comes back much later, quietly slipping into their shared dorm and laying in his own bed. Jay rolls onto his side, squeezing his eyes shut in an attempt to fall asleep. 

☆★☆

[7:48am]

Jay stops in front of the building where his class is held, running his fingers through his hair. He really just ran away from Lina, like a goddamn child. 

"Can we talk?" He wipes a hand down his face, wondering how he'll ever face Lina again. 

"Jay, how are you?" The boy turns his head, trying not to shout out of frustration when Soyun practically skips towards him. She wraps herself around his arm, grinning at the boy. Jay doesn't respond, but he doesn't try to break out of her hold either. Soyun seems to take this as an invitation to drag the boy along with her, both of her arms still wrapped around his. She pulls him into their classroom, sitting him next to her. Jay tenses when he spots Lina walk into the class, Sunoo and Sunghoon close behind her. 

He turns away as they walk closer to where Jay is sitting, not wanting to see Lina's face. She doesn't even hesitate as she walks past him, making her way to her own seat. Sunoo, however, stops next to him. 

"What the hell are you doing, Jay?" He asks, his hands on his hips as he looks at his friend. Jay clenches his jaw, turning his head away. Sunoo scoffs before he stomps away, Soyun rolling her eyes as she turns in her seat to watch the boy leave. She hugs his arm, Jay trying his best not to push her away. He just wanted her to stop touching him, hating the way that her nails drag across his arm.