Beginning's

Miyoko felt the slimy skin of the fish press against the tip of her finger

Miyoko felt the slimy skin of the fish press against the tip of her finger. She knew she was being watched but that was the least of her worries. She felt conflicted with being accepted into another village. What if she liked it there? What if she hated it? How could she face one of the men responsible for her clan's demise? Questions flew through her brain like migrating birds.

She sighed in defeat, knowing she wouldn't get any answers here. She knew what the mission was. Even if she did enjoy her stay in Konoha, her home was Kazan. Her home would always be Kazan. Her people would always be Chisuzu born. Thinking about that night made her anger flare up.

Sucking it up because there was nothing she could do now, she got out of the water and pulled out a kunai. She quietly wrote her name down in the dirt closeby. The Kazuno man was watching and followed her movements. He walked next to her to see what she had written. As he read what she wrote, he smiled brightly. "It's nice to meet you...Miyoko."

On the journey to Konoha, Kazuno talked non stop about the village. He spoke of the people and the customs. He told her of his childhood growing up there. "We also have a variety of food vendors throughout the village. The most popular being this barbeque spot and a ramen stall.

Personally, I prefer ramen, but only beef ramen. Chicken for some reason tastes fishy to me and I hate fish. Oh! We also have like a huuge training grounds for you young ninja. If you're lucky, you'll become a leaf ninja after I file my report on this mission. Your skills are very impressive for your age-"

Kazuno kept boosting the village to Miyoko. He told her all the good things about the village. He told her about his brother Kakashi, who actually was a Genin team leader. He told her that if she passed the test, he would try to get her on his brother's team. Though he had yet to actually pass any of his teams, instead Kakashi always sent them back to the academy.

Miyoko listened to everything he told her. She liked to think she was a good judge of character and she liked Kazuno. She saw similar behaviors between him and her father. The way he'd always keep an eye on her, the way he fed her, kept her warm, told corny jokes, and praised her when she did something right. Kazuno would compliment her ninja skills all the time. He was honestly impressed with her and he made sure she knew.

Kazuno and his squad, including Miyoko, had all made it back to the village. Kazuno was greeted several times in the street while his team dispersed. It was rush hour in Konoha, meaning the streets were crowded with people. Kazuno unknowingly grabbed Miyoko's hand while leading her through. Miyoko was too busy looking around the village to acknowledge their touching.

They had arrived at the Hokage tower. Many shinobi welcomed Kazuno back from his mission. Miyoko had discreetly unlocked their hands as soon as she noticed. Kazuno knocked on the Hokage office door and waited to hear a small 'come in' before entering. Kazuno led Miyoko in as she looked around.

"Lord Hokage," Kazuno greeted while kneeling.

The Hokage looked up from his paperwork to see a small girl with a hood and a blindfold. Her unusual pink hair and elongated nails showed hints of her identity. It seemed like she was staring right at him without even seeing her eyes. They held a short staring contest until the girl slightly nodded her head, making the Hokage blink.