Withdrawn

After Miyoko never returned home, Kazuno went to search for Miyoko

After Miyoko never returned home, Kazuno went to search for Miyoko. He walked Sasuke home before noticing the hole in the wall like someone burst through. He held Sasuke tightly to his side before slowly entering the compound. He tried calling out, but only silence was heard. Wandering around the house with a kunai at the ready, Kazuno tried to shield Sasuke from the bloodied wall and corpses.

Sasuke was shaking with grief and fear. Tears had already sprung to his eyes but had yet to fall. He glanced at the courtyard, seeing three very familiar figures. "Oka-san!" He yelled for his mother as he released himself from Kazuno's grip.

Kazuno reached out to grab him, "Sasuke," he scolded before freezing. Miyoko laid in the grass with a bleeding abdomen. The parents of the head family laid next to her. Dreading the worst he sped over, "Miyoko!"

He paid no mind to her appearance, firmly laying his hands over her gushing wound. He laid two fingers to her jawline and sighed with relief as he discovered her alive. He glanced at Sasuke who stared up at his roof in absolute terror. Kazuno followed his gaze, witnessing a crouched figure with haunting red eyes. The usual three iris' now terrifying pentagram.

Sasuke passed out, leaving Kazuno to defend the children he loved. He began to stand with his kunai ready. Only Itachi turned away from him, disappearing into the night. Kazuno sighed as he knew he would've lost to the Uchiha. Gazing down at his daughter, he hesitantly picked her up. She needed medical attention as soon as possible. He looked sadly at Sasuke's unconscious figure. He shook his head before running to the hospital. Miyoko was more important than anyone else.

Sasuke couldn't bring himself to stay away from her. He had distanced from everything and everyone. Yet, he stayed by her. He was sad she was hurt, happy she lived, envious that she fought for his family when he didn't, respected her for the same reason and more. He hated himself more than anything.

He couldn't protect his clan, his family, or Miyoko. He hated himself even more that it was Kazuno who found Miyoko's body in his clan's home. He hated all the tears he and Kazuno shed together over her. He hated that he found comfort in Kazuno. Most of all, he hated how much pain she was in when she awoke. The sobs and silent screams and tears he had witnessed her shed. Worst of all, he knew half of those tears weren't shed for herself. It was because she had failed, twice, in saving a clan.

She was just like him. She began distancing, starving herself, doing nothing but training even when she was supposed to be on bedrest. Nothing she ever did was good enough to her. She had gotten undoubtedly stronger but to her, she was still the weak crying child she was when she was ripped from her mothers arms.

The way Sasuke acted around Miyoko was completely uncharacteristic. He would plead with her to eat. He would give her assurances like Itachi was an Anbu level ninja while she wasn't even a Genin yet. He would be gentle and caring with her. He would carry her back home from training so hard she passed out. He was worried about her, and Kazuno was worried about them both.