11

May 25

HARRY

I kicked my front door closed with my foot, the motion almost causing me to lose my balance as my arms were weighted down with white plastic bags. I cursed under my breath, scuttling across my living room before heaving the bags up onto the kitchen counter. I groaned with relief once able to release the handles of the bags, my hands aching in the shape of deformed claws from having to carry them the four blocks from the local grocery.

It was Friday evening, therefore for me, it was grocery day. I had been living off the few things I had purchased after moving in, still much too petulant at the time to spend much effort on buying the foods and items I needed. My mind was still too wrapped up in Lane, how I went to her, planning on telling her I loved her, only to chicken out like a moron and say be careful instead. I still held onto the firm belief that I was a bloody wanker, but at least now knew she didn't hate me for my choice. We had been writing, somewhat, and so far things were good.

I hadn't had a chance to check my email while at work during the day, so had no idea if she had read or responded to my latest correspondence. It was hard trying to persuade her to call me, when there was a ten hour time difference separating us. That time difference was almost as daunting as the oceans between us, but I had resolved to try and set up a day and time that we could Skype. I had even asked Louis how the fuck the damn thing worked, which had caused him to pepper me with taunts and questions, and more than one rather disgusting reference to the benefits of Skype sex.

I had survived my first full week of my internship, and had even gotten rather splendid reviews from my boss on my notes from my first manuscript. I had already started my second, a rather drawn out war tale that I hadn't quite decided if I liked or not, that was currently stuffed in my messenger bag across my body. That was my main plan for my first official weekend in Seattle. Reading in the comfort of my flat.

I was a wild man.

Peeling my bag from across my body, I leaned it against the cabinets, as I took my time putting away all the groceries and items I had bought. We had gotten out of work an hour early, which I was surprised but thankful, choosing to do my errands before heading home, changing, and going out for my run. I looked forward to my runs now almost as much as I had come to look forward to my time with Lane. Both left me exhausted, breathless, but with a deep rooted feeling of relief. As much as I would rather work up a sweat with her, writhing under me, my runs across the city would have to do for now.

Today had been the first sunny day I had experienced so far, another reason I was glad to be out of the office early. If I got this shit away quick enough, maybe I could run down to a trail or something nearby. I had looked up a few good running trails the night before, and was contemplating changing up my scenery.

Putting away the last of my items, I picked my bag up from the floor, tossing it on the couch, before escaping into my room to change. Just as I pulled my shirt over my head, my hands starting to undo my jeans, my phone began to vibrate.

I sighed, praying it wasn't Louis calling to give me more cyber sex tips, glancing at the screen. I didn't recognize the number. Maybe it was a telemarketer. I swear to God, how those people got my damn number I would never understand.

I considered not answering it, wanting nothing more at that moment than to get out on the street and burn off some energy, before sliding my finger across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Harry," her voice called through the line, pulling my breath from my lungs. My eyes widened, my heart stuttering, as I sat back onto my bed instantly.