chapter 11 - worry

Georgia and Hollie were back in her car going home. Hollie was still worked up from her talk with Neil, and Georgia tried to reassure her that Neil would be alright. When they came in, everyone was sleeping, but Dylan was gone and his phone was on the side table. The girls started looking for him before Georgia eventually found him on the backyard patio curled in a ball quietly crying.

“Dylan, baby, what's wrong?” she asked, kneeling beside him and putting a paw on his back. He looked up at her and shook his head.

“I don't know, I got everyone to sleep and I guess the wind and what happened to Neil really got to me,” he sniffled before burying his head back into his arms. Georgia hugged him until he was good enough to go back inside. She managed to get Dylan and Hollie to go to sleep before going to her room and passing out on her bed. In the morning, she made sure the kids got home safe before going to work. After a few hours of working, she got a call from the secretary saying there were three pre-teens that wanted to see her. She went into the lobby to see Dylan, Bobby, and Kai in the waiting room.

“Mom, how's Neil?!” Dylan asked, snapping his gaze to her.

“I don’t know baby, another nurse is with him right now.”

“Can you at least tell us what happened?” Kai demanded, a little frantic.

“Ok, ok. I’m gonna be honest with you, there’s a really nasty drug in his system and a lot of it. We're doing our best to detox him, but we’re having some trouble getting him to cooperate with a lot of stuff,” Georgia explained.

“Like?” Bobby asked.

“Getting him to eat, drink, or anything other than letting him lay in his bed and mind his business listening to music, really. But we’re thinking he’s too weak to cooperate, so we’re gonna give him a while to start doing anything.

“Is there anything we can do to help?” Dylan asked, grabbing his mom’s paws.

“The best thing you guys can do to help is by staying strong. Now I know that sounds cliche, but that’s what I could really use from you right now, alright?" Georgia knelt down and put her paw on her son’s shoulder.

“Ok, but if there’s anything we can do to help, we’d be happy to do that!”

“Yeah!” the other two cheered.

“And thank you for your enthusiasm, but all Neil needs right now is a group of friends that I know can stay positive for him, some time and patience as he recovers, and some good thoughts and prayers, ok?” Georgia pulled them into a hug before pulling away.

“I gotta get back to work. I love you three, but please don’t come back to bother me. I’ll let you know when we can start accepting visitors for Neil,” she stood up and left the lobby.

dylan POV:

The pre teens went outside to the rest of the group, who were fairly worried and were engulfing themselves in their own distractions.

“How is he?” Penny asked as she stood up.

“We don’t know, mom wouldn’t let us see him,” Dylan shrugged.

“Then when can we see him?” Camila asked, a little frantic.

“I don’t know, but she said she’ll let me know when he’s open for visitors.”

“Oh ok, so we’re just gonna have to be patient?” Bryson pondered.

“Yea, i mean i can ask mom how he’s doing each morning, but other than that i can’t do much. But that can’t stop us from keeping our chins up and staying strong for him, so that’s what we’re gonna do!” Dylan desperately tried to salvage everyone’s moods, but they responded with an almost indifferent attitude. After that they spent the day together at the beach until they had to go home.

neil POV:

Neil stared at the hospital door before shifting his gaze to the glass of water he’d been given. He was really thirsty, but he couldn’t find the strength to sit up and drink it. He tried to force himself up and take just a tiny sip, but couldn’t. He glared at the nightstand; mostly angry at himself. Usually, he could force himself out of bed no problem, he didn’t know what the difference was. The popine, maybe? He just wanted his old strength back. Did he have any strength in the first place? He remembered barely having the strength to even listen let alone respond to the conversation he was having with his friends. He just stared at his paw until his door opened.

“Hey baby, how are you feeling?” Georgia asked as she quietly closed his door and walked up to his bed. He hummed.

“I know, it hurts, but i promise things will get better, you’ll be back out in the sun, running around and getting into trouble in no time,” she helped him sit up before giving him a tight hug. He purred since that was the only thing he had the strength to do, and besides, georgia always gave good hugs.

“Do you want some water?”
It was like she was reading his mind. He nodded and she picked up the glass and helped him drink a little before putting the glass back down and laying him back down.

“Ok, I'm going home for the night, is there anything you need before I go?”
Neil gave her a thumbs down, which she nodded to before leaving.

928 words

next part in 2 days