chapter 15 - retreival

The next morning, Dylan woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking, but it was more potent than it normally was. He opened his eyes to see the living room and mom cooking breakfast in the kitchen just across from him. underneath him, he heard what sounded like someone purring. He shifted his gaze to what was making the noise and saw Neil as peaceful as ever, sound asleep. He made sure to soak in the moment before standing up and giving him the blanket before walking into the kitchen to see what mom was making.

"Oh, good morning. I was wondering where you went when I went to wake you up this morning," she smiled and patted his head.

"Sorry, I was checking on Neil and he said he couldn't sleep."

"Alright, just don't make a habit out of taking Neil's sleeping spot, ok?"

"Ok."

"Good," mom smiled and rubbed her son's chin with her thumb. "Now go get the table made and wake Neil up."
"Ok!" Dylan smiled as he quickly set the table and went back into the living room to see that Neil had pulled his pillow away from where it was before and was now cuddling it. Dylan smiled to himself before walking up to his friend and gently shaking him.

"Hey Neil, it's 10. You gotta get up," he whispered, leaning close to Neil's ear. Neil hummed and pulled the blanket over his face.

"Neil, c'mon. We gotta meet everyone today for ice cream," he tried again, gently taking the blanket off his face.

"Ok ok, i'm up just- just give me a second," Neil muttered with his eyes still closed.

"Want me to help you sit up?"

"Sure," Neil offered Dylan a paw, he took it and pulled the american shorthair up as he pushed himself up with his other arm. After a few minutes, Neil stood up and he walked into the kitchen with dylan. Together, everyone ate breakfast and spent time together until mom had to go to work. She got the boys in the car and drove off to the ice cream place.

"Ok, I love you boys. Kisses," she reached for them, they leaned in and she gave them 3 kisses each on their faces.

"Have fun!" she smiled as they got out of the car and waved as she drove off. They went inside and waited for the others. They quietly talked until Kai got there and they started debating what flavor of ice cream Neil would like until Hollie arrived and continued the debate until everyone was there. Neil looked at the counter, the employee behind it looked ready to kick them out, but other than that, he noticed a small sign that said 'free samples.' he tapped Hollie on the shoulder.

"Yea, what is it?" she asked, turning her head towards him, the others stopped talking with her.

"Can't I just try the samples?" he signed. Everyone else got a sort of annoyed look on their faces, which made Neil think he said something wrong, which Dylan noticed.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong, I think we're just realizing we were being dumb, yeah?" he smiled before turning to the others, who responded with a collective 'yes.' So with that out of the way, they went up to the counter and gave Neil various recommendations for ice cream flavors he could try, he ended up choosing mint chocolate chip. They went outside to eat and talked.

"So i watched the pilot for hazbin hotel, and it was really charming, i can't wait to see what the full show has to offer!" Bobby smiled.

"Good, good," Neil nodded. They went on with their nice conversation until they had to go home. Neil had to go to his old house to get stuff like clothes and school supplies, and Dylan offered to go with him and Donna for moral support, Neil said yes. So Donna picked them up from the ice cream place and drove to the house. Once they got there, they saw a vixen arguing with the same cat from the hospital as she shoved luggage into a car. The argument escalated to the cat slapping her and her responding by forcing his paws behind his back and forcing him inside and slamming the door. She walked back to the car she stuffed the luggage in and opened the driver's side door before catching sight of them and looked taken aback before shutting the door, looking both ways and running toward them and hugging neil.