chapter 23 - summer break

Flash forward a few months, it's summer break now and the group was going to the beach for the day, and Neil was super excited because he'd finally gained enough weight to go without needing a swimming shirt, he was always too skinny to confidently go shirtless, but not this year! He had his swim trunks on and just put on a t-shirt before leaving his room.

"ok, Neil we're going to see a movie, poppy will be at therapy, and the twins are going out with their friends. I can't say for sure about the twins, but I know we'll still be gone when you get back, understand?" Malachi told him as the American shorthair grabbed another breakfast burrito and gave him a thumbs up before leaving. He met up with Bobby on his way and she noticed the change immediately.

"Oh. my. God! Nini, did you finally stop wearing a swim shirt?" she squealed.

"Maybeeee," he dragged out as he walked up to her, running his fingers through his hair. She squealed again and wrapped her arms around her friend.

"Hey, hey! Calm down, you haven't even seen me without a shirt yet!"

"But still, i'm so happy for you!" she smiled as she showered his face with kisses before they walked to the beach together, where Hollie was waiting and digging a large hole in the sand.

"Hey, you two!" Hollie shouted as she waved them over.

"Hi holls," Bobby smiled as she sat down on the hot sand beside her friend.

"Nini, is it just me, or is there something different about you?" Hollie teased, seeing the difference clear as day.

"Guess," Neil signed back.

"Hmm, new haircut."

Neil shook his head.

"Different swim suit?"

Neil shook his head again.

"Oh!" her ears perked up for a second. "You finally ditched your shirt!"

Neil laughed and nodded.

"I'm so happy for you, nini! You're so pretty!" Bobby smiled and hugged him.

"Yea, i get a free pass to call you a twink now," Hollie snickered. They talked and helped Hollie dig her hole while waiting for the others to get there, and they were all equally happy for Neil, especially dylan. They spent their day at the beach dicking around, being a little rougher with Neil since he actually had the strength for it, and started packing up to go home around 4:30.

"Hey, honey pie~" Neil cooed, leaning on dylan.

"Yes?" the cocker spaniel chuckled, reaching behind him and petting his boyfriend.

"Everyone's out of my house for the day," he whispered in his ear, getting a sudden shocked stop out of him. Neil giggled.

"Oh, shut up. You want me to come over? Fine, I'll come over, just no funny business out of you, ok mister?" Dylan smiled. Neil bounced on his toes as he pulled his boyfriend to his house. Once they got in and dried off, they watched a show out in the living room and went to Neil's room to talk about summer break plans, slowly getting friskier and friskier until they were full blown making out against the back wall as they made their way into Neil's closet. The American shorthair hugged Dylan's neck as he pulled himself into the cocker spaniel's lap, still exchanging saliva. they briefly paused to shut the closet door before going back at it. (ok, rereading this part will never not make me gag, so i'll spare you from the horrors my sleep-deprived ass wrote in the middle of study hall. All you need to know is that it never goes past making out, g'day)

poppy POV-

Poppy sat at her desk drawing. therapy had ended early and Malachi drove her back home while he was taking everyone else to their movie. All of a sudden, she heard Neil's closet door thump shut. she ignored since it was a fairly normal sound, but what really piqued her interest was the quiet shifting she was hearing. she stopped and looked behind her where Neil's closet was as she heard more shifting, then a soft thump. she furrowed her brow as she heard another thump and... moaning? her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as she realized what was going on. she glanced at her window before looking back at the wall. What should she do? She knew neil and dylan were dating, and he's been over plenty of times and this never happened. What was different about this time? she took a second to think about what could've changed for them to do this. no one else was in the house and her door was closed, making it seem like she was still at therapy. they thought they were here alone. That's what changed. she sighed through her nose as she contemplated whether or not she should try to let them know she was here before she stood up and opened her door, that should do it, and if not, she'd knock on his door and tell him malachi got those shitty but somehow delicious store bought sugar cookies because he gave them to her and told her to let neil know about them when he got home since he they were one of his favorite cookies.