Chapter One: Winner's Party

New York City - 2019

My lungs ache very bad from running up and down the court.

I look at the clock as it reads 00:30. Thirty seconds. Fuck.

We are down by two. I turn to my teammate, Alex, as she stands at the baseline with the ball in her hands.

I motion for her to pass it and she does. We both rush down the court and run what is our final play of senior year.

I pass the ball to another one of our teammates and cut across the paint to the right wing. Alex swings and screens my defender.

I get the ball back and stand at the three point line alone. I shoot.

Swish.

The buzzer goes off. We won.

My teammates rush to me and we all hug it out as confetti flys all around us.

State Champs.

————————————

Alex drives myself and her boyfriend, Gavin, to this party in the city.

"That was badass Y/N." Gavin tells me and slaps me on the back.

"Well it wouldn't have been that close if you know who didn't foul out in the last quarter." I roll my eyes.

Alex nods her head.

"They're gonna be there tonight probably."

I lean back in my seat. "Yeah I know."

As we arrive the streets are lined with cars and people. Alex finds a spot and we head out.

I stuff my hands in my pocket feeling for the small baggy's.

We get to the entrance and I stop. "Hey guys, I'll meet you up there. I just gotta answer this call." I wave my phone.

Gavin puts his arm around Alex. "All good. You want us to wait?"

"Nah. Go find us some drinks, Preferably not drugged."

Alex smiles. "Okay then. Be careful B."

"Always." I wink and smile.

Alex and I have been friends since sophomore year of high school when she transferred from upstate.

She has always been there for me through all of the shit in my life and we will still be there as we both have scholarships to USC. Go Trojans baby.

I open up my messages and text JC.

I'm here. Where the fuck are you? I'm sick of carrying this shit around.

Just as I clicked send a body pushes me.

"Sup dickhead. Or should I say MVP." JC smirks.

"Well someone had to do something since your dumbass fouled out." I mutter.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You got the shit right?" They ask.

I pull out the baggy's and slide them in their hand.

"Bag of coke and some ecstasy."

"You always come through babygirl." They say and pass me a couple of hundreds.

"Don't go drug anyone Daddy's Money."

"No promises." They say and I see a group of people walk up.

Three girls and a guy come up to JC. Two brunettes and a blonde.

"What's up dude." The guy asks.

I glance at the blond as she locks her green eyes with me. She quickly turns her eyes downwards.

I take the chance to check her out a little bit. Dark black jeans and a lace black top hug her body.

Before I have anymore time to look, JC hits me in the stomach.

"This is Y/N. We play ball together and she runs some of my stuff."

Anger quickly flows through me. "I don't need anyone knowing I'm involved with you JC. I have a lot of shit riding on this."

I step up to JC.

"Whatever." JC just scoffs and turns to walk away with these new faces.

As they head inside the party the blondie turns around one last time to glance at me.

I just smirk and follow inside.

The party is filled with sweaty bodies, smoke, and the stench of alcohol. I find my friends in the kitchen with drinks in their hands.

"Where were you?" Alex asks.

"My mom called."

I grip the cup she hands me and down the liquid.

Gross vodka.

"Gavin. You up for pong?" I ask.

He nods and we head over to the table.

We beat every single duo we play until eventually everyone gets mad so we give up our spot.

"I'm gonna find a bathroom." I tell the couple as they find a couch to make out on.

I find a staircase and head up. Fortunately the first door I find is the bathroom and there is no one waiting. Score.

I quickly do my business and as I'm washing my hands I hear a bang against the adjacent wall.

I open the door and head into the hallway. The faint sound of music from downstairs isn't enough to not hear muffed voices from the room next door.

I place my ear on the door.

"Come on baby. You know you want this." I hear.

JC.

I try to open the door but it is locked. I brace myself and slam my body against it.

It opens and I see JC hovered over the blond from earlier.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

JC leans up a bit. "I'm getting some duh. Do you mind?"

I glance at the girl and her eyes flutter open and shut. She's high.

"Get the fuck off her." I yell and grip JC by the shoulders and slam them on the ground.

I punch them twice in the face.

"Ah fuck." They scream.

I turn around and see the blond officially passed out on the bed. I slide my arms underneath her to lift her up.

"You broke my nose Bitch" JC exclaims gripping their bloody nose.

"Shut up. Before I break something else." I say and leave the room.

I head downstairs with the girl and go outside.

I keep her body against mind tightly as I pull out my phone to order a uber.

"Helpppp." The girl mutters in her disoriented state.

"I got you." I rub her back.