Chapter Four: Drunk in Love

NEW YORK CITY - 2019

When I get my car unlocked I help the girl get into the back seat to lay down.

She is slowly gaining consciousness but still it very much out of it.

She grips my arms. "I love your tattoos."

"Uh.. Thanks." I pause.

She once again passes out. Well fuck.

I guess I am taking her home with me. I can't just leave her here.

I jump into the drivers seat and quickly glance at her in the back curled up.

Poor girl.

We arrive to my apartment and I see she is waking up again.

I rush to the backseat.

"Hey are you alright?" I slide in next to her as she sits up in the seat.

"I think so. Everything is still a bit foggy." She rubs her head.

"Do you know what happened?" I ask her.

"Someone drugged me?" She finally looks up at me and realizes who I am. "Y/N right?"

I nod my head and lean into her. I lightly grip her chin and check her eyes a bit.

"Your eyes are still dilated." I say softly and she continues our staring.

I now realize how close we are as she softly brushes the bangs from my face.

Breaking the eye contact my eyes shift toward her soft lips and then look back up to her green eyes.

She suddenly leans in connecting our lips and hers pucker my bottom lip.

I quickly lean back. "Sorry. Not like this."

She frowns and leans back into her seat turning her gaze from me to the street.

"Where are we?" She asks confused.

"My house." I sit up and get out open the to get out. "Come on."

She scoffs. "I'm not sleeping with you."

"You've just got drugged and I guarantee you drank more than the drink that contained the drug." I hold my hand out to her to help her out of the car. "So, just come on. I will sleep on the couch and you can take my bed."

She reluctantly takes my hand and steps out only to stumble a bit. "Fuck. Everything is spinning."

I wrap my arm around her waist to support her and she grips my broad shoulders. "Here I got you."

We slowly walk up to the entrance to the building and I let us in. "Now the hard part." I glance up. "Stairs."

I look back down to her. "Jump up." I lean down in front of her.

"Ugh." She groans. "Only because I don't think I can even mentally handle climbing these stairs."

I laugh and she gets on my back. We start going up the stairs.

"I hope I'm not heavy." She breathes in my ear.

"Pft. My deadlift and squat maxes are like three times your weight babe." I say confidently.

"Whatever you say Y/N, and don't call me that."

We get to the door and I unlock it while still holding her.

I open the door to find all the lights off but one hallway light. Good they are asleep. I turn and lock the door.

Luckily the girl on my back knows to be quiet.

I walk into my room and I place her on my bed. I go to my door and lock it.

"Woah. Are you gonna try to rape me too?" She says and stands up.

"I am not a gross pervert like JC." I say and rip off my jacket. I go to my closet and pull out a pair of basketball shorts and a team shirt. I hand her the clothes. "Here. So you don't have to sleep in tight ass skinny jeans." I say and stand over her slightly from her place on my bed.

"Do you not like them?" She says and locks her eyes with mine once again.

"Pft. You mean I couldn't stop looking at them." I mutter.

She blushes and says, "Thanks for the PJs."

We get lost in each other once again as she looks up at me. Before she can drunk kiss me again I step away.

"I am just glad I was there." I sigh.

I grab some clothes for myself.

"The bathroom is right there." I point to the door next to my closet. "I'll just be on the couch if you need me."

I open the door to leave as she says, "Thank you for saving me."