Chapter Eight: This is Gonna Be Fun

It's the last quarter and I just got fouled so I am at the free throw line.

I quickly score the two points and we hustle back.

Alex steals the ball from one the wings and passes it to me.

I stop at the three point line and swish it in.

Finally, I look up the box and I see a blond head. She's here.

I smile and point up to her.

The buzzer goes off signaling the end of the game.

We won easily. 85 to 69. I scored 28 points.

Once we finish endgame high fives I turn to finally look back up to the box. She stands there clapping and laughing with a figure next to her.

I can't really see that far to recognize the person next to her but they have brown hair.

Alissa.

Great. She brought her girlfriend to my game.

Instead of staying for interviews I rush back to the locker room.

I don't know what I was thinking when I invited her. She's not gonna leave her girlfriend for me. Shit we don't know each other. I thought if she said we would have some kind of reconciliation again like last night but that is highly unlikely as she brought Alissa.

I shower quickly and change into a pair of team sweats and a team hoodie.

I grab my shit and head out.

Standing by the exit is Reneé.

By herself.

"That was a good game."

I grip my gym bag tighter. "Thanks. Look I'm tired and I'm sure you have to get back to your girlfriend."

"Who?" She acts confused.

"Alissa. I know you brought her here. It was pretty obvious you were together last night. If I would have known you were in a relationship, I wouldn't have kissed—"

She cuts me off. "Kissed me?"

I sigh. "Well yeah. I am no home wrecker."

"Y/n." She steps closer to me so I am down peering down at her slightly. "I am not with Alissa. They were just a friend with some benefits."

She reaches towards me to grip my waist. "And.. they are definitely not with me right now. I brought my friend Bella. You probably saw her."

Instead of keeping my hands at my side I lift them up to grip her face.

"So if I kissed you know would you object?" I say leaning down towards her lips.

"Kiss me Y/n."

I smile and lean back. "I don't kiss my friends."

I let go of her and grip her hand to pull her outside.

"Come on Y/N!!!" She groans.

This is gonna be fun.