Chapter Five: Friends?

L.A. - 2022

I drag Renee by her hand to the private rooms. There is a bouncer standing to the side and I hand him a couple hundreds and he simply points to the first room.

I open the door and let her in first. After she passes me I lock the door behind us.

"Still aren't gonna rape me?" She jokes.

I turn back to her. "That's not funny." I say seriously.

"What do you want then Y/N?" She steps up to me. "You obviously don't want me cause this is now three times you have rejected me."

"That's a lie. I have never not wanted you." I glance at her lips. "Are you sober?"

She looks at me confused. "Yeah. I just got to the club like thirty mins--" I cut her off with my mouth.

She quickly regains composure and reciprocates the kiss. I hold her face in my hands and she grips the sides of my jacket.

I slide one hand to the back of her head and tug her hair to shift her head upwards towards me more which causes her to moan. I take the opportunity to slide my tongue in her mouth.

She sucks my tongue with her lips and suddenly bites down hard.

I jump back. "Ow. What the fuck?" I hold the tip of my tongue. "What was that for?"

"We are supposed to be talking dummy." She says and sits down on the couch against the back wall of the room.

"Well you started saying lies so I had to correct them." I smirk.

"Well if you wanted me all those years ago, why didn't you have me?" She rebuttals.

I bend down in front of her spot on the couch.

"Renee, you were drugged and were drunk that night." I grip her knees with my hands. "I would have never had taken advantage of you like that."

I stand up and turn away from her. "Shit, I shouldn't even have let you kiss me in my car."

She sits silent.

"You left anyway." I tell her. "I looked over in bed the next morning and you were gone."

I try to hold down the pain in my chest from the memory.

"I didn't want to inconvenience you anymore that I had already had and it was apparent to me that you didn't feel the same attraction I did." I turn to watch as she lifts her knees to her chest to hug them.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." I sit next to her. "And you could never inconvenience me."

"Look Y/N." She sits up and turns her body towards mine. "You saved my life that night. I didn't know what to do. I was in a rough spot in my life during that time."

I furrow my brows and grip her hand. "I'm sorry."

"No. No more pitying or sympathy or reflection on the past." She shakes her head.

"Fine, but I want to know more about you." I smile. "Seeing as I had to learn your name from the fucking internet."

She smiles back at me.

"Stalking me Miss Y/LN?" She flirts.

"I found it unfair that you knew my name but I never knew yours."

She shakes her hand away from mine then holds it out.

"Hello, my name is Renee Rapp."

I grab her hand. "Hi Renee. It is nice to finally meet you. My name is Y/N Y/LN."

"Such a pretty name for such a pretty face." She flirts.

I smirk. "I didn't know you had this much confidence Miss Rapp."

"Well you don't know much about me baby."

"Oh I will."

"Friends?" She prompts.

"Friends."

We get up and I follow her out of the room.

"For now."