Chapter 23: "Another Long Talk"

OHANA (緒花)

The reason why Mayuki went to Route 3 is that she's going training, she didn't told me she was doing that for the past few days. Well, I didn't tell her about having shiny Magikarp.

"I can't believe you got another Shiny Pokemon," Mayuki said while walking.

"You really are the one in an eight thousand people who gets the shiny variant," she added.

"You don't have to mention it," I said.

"Why?" Mayuki asked.

"I mean you don't have to mention that out loud," I put my head near her and whispered those words that I just said. "People are staring at me," I added.

Mayuki suddenly looked at her surroundings, there are indeed trainers staring at me.

"Oh, sorry," she said.

"That's why me and that trainer I battled earlier are battling at some place where we can't be seen by other trainers. I don't want to attract a lot of people just because I have Shiny Pokemon," I explained.

"Ahh I see, sorry for saying it out loud, even earlier," she said.

"It's okay, at least earlier nobody but me and that trainer heard your yelling," I said.

"I wasn't yelling," Mayuki said.

"Yes you are," I said.

After several minutes of walking, we have reached a place where we can battle. Yes, Mayuki invited me for another battle since she's been training for the past few days.

"By the way, the Gym Leader in Pewter City will be absent for a long time until the further notice," I said while putting my bag in the ground.

"Why?" She asked. "I knew renting a house there will be wasted," she added.

"They've been dealing some evil gang who invade Cianwood City," I said.

"Evil gang? Like Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua?" She asked.

"Yes, just like that," I said.

"If they raid Cianwood City which located in Johto region, why didn't the Johto Gym Leaders deal with it instead? They're the ones nearby," Mayuki said.

"Maybe they're included as well," I said.

"Yeah, maybe you're right," Mayuki said.

"So...ready for our battle?" She changed the subject and asked.

"Uhm...no, I should be the one to ask that if you're ready," I boasted a little with a chuckle.

"Just because you won last time you're being arrogant!?" Mayuki pointed at me repeatedly.

"Anyways, since this is a Two-Only-Pokemon Battle, you cannot use your Charizard," Mayuki said.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Sallah is too overpowered for my Pokemon, it's unfair!" She said. "And since you're currently have three Pokemon, use the recent ones," she added.

"Besides, I chose this place because there's a pond here in our battle field. This will be a good Water Pokemon Battle since you got a Magikarp, and I got a Feebas," she said.

"Yeah, you're right," I said

"So, are you ready?" Mayuki asked.

"I should be the one who will ask---" I didn't manage to finish what I'm about to say when she interrupts me.

"うるさい!!(Urusai!!)" She yelled.

"すいません!(Sumimasen!)" I bowed.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! You don't have to do that!" She said, telling me to stand up.

"I'm serious! Now are you ready?" She asked.

"... ... ..." I took a heavy sigh first before saying...

"はい!良い!!(Hai! Yoi!!)" I answered.

"行くぞ!!!(Ikuzo!!!)" She threw her Poke Ball on the pond.

And a Feebas came out from it.

"Go! Magikarp!" I threw its Poke Ball on the pond.

"Karp! Karp!" Magikarp immediately splashing in the water as they got out from the ball.

"... ... ..." Mayuki was raising her eyebrows at me.

"何?(Nani?)" I asked.

"You said that you're nicknaming your Pokemon right? But why did you call Magikarp, Magikarp?" She asked.

"Ehh??"

緒花の物語