1.2 chapter two ✔️

CHAPTER TWOLUCKY COMPASS"it takes two to toxic"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWO
LUCKY COMPASS
"it takes two to toxic"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     "FARRAH, dear, could you do your dad and I a favor?"

     After the events of the boneyard had gone down, Lance and Farrah had pretty much fled the scene. The entirety of the day after, Lance spent trying to nurture the will to live back into Farrah. She had gotten way too drunk, which was what prompted her to approach John B the way she had in the first place. Not that Lance knew any of that, of course. He was, however, assigned to holding her hair back when she spent the entire morning hauling the contents of her stomach into his toilet.

     For the most parts, Lance's father was MIA. His mother died when he was at the scarce age of five, and ever since then it had just been his father and him. Being a single dad was hard, especially at the Cut. He spent ninety percent of his time working, and the other ten percent looking for a suitable partner. His father was desperate for love and validation. Any woman, no matter how much of a bitch they were, was woman enough for him. Lance hated how he would bring a new girlfriend in every other week, but it wasn't like his dad would listen to him anyway. Besides, with friend like Farrah who needed a parental figure?

     The two had met up with Millie to fill her in on the events that had gone down at the kegger. From there on out the trio wasted their day at Millie's house. They had initially decided on having a sleepover, but Farrah was far too exhausted to spend another second with anyone but herself. So, she returned home only to fall asleep at six pm. She then proceeded to sleep all the way till twelve am the next day. Bryan burst into his daughter room begging her to do them a favor, suprised to find her sleeping.

     "I'm sorry— I didn't know you were still sleeping. Are you feeling alright?" His hand found his daughter's forehead checking for a temperature.

     The girl swatted his hand away. "What favor?" A yawn ripped from her plump lips as she ran a hand through her very much tangled hair.

"We baked blueberry muffins to bring over to Lana Grubbs. They found her husband Scooter in the marsh yesterday. We have to go to work so we won't have time to run them over to her. Could you do it for us? You know how happy she is to see you." Bryan asked.

Lana and Scooter Grubbs were— in Farrah's humble opinion— deadbeats. Well, at least the latter one was. The couple happened to be close knit with Bryan and Phillip. Lana pretty much grew up with Bryan. And their friendship didn't wilt when they both found their respective partners. Farrah never minded Lana really, but she didn't care for her either. She would always make sure to leave some weird comment that left Farrah feeling odd. Running a condolence basket to the woman was the last thing Farrah wanted to do, but considering the circumstances she gave in with a sigh of defeat. The woman had, after all, just lost her husband.