1.5 chapter five

CHAPTER FIVEMIDSUMMERS"i got a thing for youand i can't let go"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FIVE
MIDSUMMERS
"i got a thing for you
and i can't let go"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     "I thought you said your biggest dream in life was to attend midsummers!"

When Farrah's dads informed her that they'd be attending this years midsummers, she was very suprised to say the least. Her dad, Bryan, had worked for the Camerons for years on end as their gardener, having multiple other side hustles as well. Every year had been the same— the midsummers remained the social event of the summer, and so far a pogue had never been invited. This year, however, was different. Why? Farrah had no idea. But she was definitely feeling suspicious about it. How come Ward Cameron suddenly didn't care that his event would be occupied by three pogues? It was sure to be bad for his kook reputation.

     "Yeah when I was like what, fifteen? Dad, I don't even understand why we're going."

Had this been only one summer ago, Farrah would have been ecstatic to know that they were attending midsummers. Her presence would only solidify her crown at the public high school that was Kildare high. No one attending the school had attended midsummers before, which would make her a literal icon. But now? Well, putting on a pretty dress and a pair of heels to go to the same part hosted by Rafe's family suddenly didn't feel all that tempting any more.

The two hadn't spoken since what went down at the outdoor movie. Quite frankly, Farrah was dreading it. She knew by choosing to help JJ over running off with him would have him fuming, yet she did it anyways. Now she had to face the consequences of her actions. Rafe was unpredictable. And for someone as fond of planning as Farrah Montgomery— an unpredictable outcome was the worst case scenario for her. Ironically enough, she was exactly the same. Chaotic and impulsive, yet wishing she could plan her life down to the every last detail.

Hanging up on Rafe's call at the party undoubtedly furthermore fueled his anger, but after unconvering what he had done to Pope she couldn't help but to want to evade him for as long as humanly possible. Fortunately for her, dodging Rafe was easier than one would've thought. The island was by no means huge, but the Cameron boy kept off the Cut for the most parts. For once his hatred for the pogues fell in Farrah's favor.

     "The Camerons are throwing the event, and Ward saw it fit to invite us. All three of us." Bryan defended, arms crossed over his chest as he and Phillip spoke to their daughter.

     "Since when does Ward Cameron invite his gardener to midsummers?" The dark haired girl questioned, the question sounding harsher than intended.

     "Farrah, don't be mean." Phillip sighed, defending his partner.

     "I'm not being mean, I'm asking valid questions!" Farrah defended herself, throwing her hands out in annoyance.