1.8 chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHTTHE RUNAWAY"if the sun refuse to shine"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER EIGHT
THE RUNAWAY
"if the sun refuse to shine"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     LAUGHTER flowed through the air as Kiara and Farrah lounged in the hot tub, the steam from the water making their skin glisten.

     While the two girls were, shockingly enough, actually getting along and bonding, Pope and JJ sat on the porch of the chateau. Pope's eyes switched between the winch they were working on and the two girls, prompting JJ to arch his brow at him.

     "What're staring at?" JJ questioned, following Pope's glance.

     While the Heyward boy had been staring at the Carrera girl, JJ's eyes fell on the Montgomery girl. Her glistening tan skin glowed underneath the sun, the sunglasses JJ had been wearing yesterday shielding the world from her gorgeous tawny eyes. JJ had to clear his throat to keep from staring at her, giving Pope a light shove to make him look away as well.

"Shit." Pope began, realisation hitting him. "You have a thing for her!"

JJ looked over at Pope. "For who?"

"Farrah."

"What? I do not." JJ denied, pulling a hand through his hair before putting his cap back on.

"JJ."

"Fine. I'll admit, I appreciate how hot she is." JJ stated cheekily. "But I don't have a thing for her."

"You're not fooling anyone. Might wanna pratice that one a few more times in the mirror." Pope chuckled, the two boys back to staring at the two girls.

"Oh yeah? What about you and Kie? Huh?" Pope's mouth smacked shut at the mention of the Carrera girl. ¨Yeah, thought so.¨

Meanwhile the two girls were having a conversation much like the one JJ and Pope were waving. "So. . . JJ."

Farrah glanced over at Kiara curiously at the mention of the boy. "What about him?" Kiara offered Farrah a knowing look. "Not with this whole bullshit again. How many times do I have to say that he isn't—"

"Your type? Yeah, no you've said that fifty times already. I just don't believe you." Kiara retorted with a chuckle.

Farrah sighed, leaning back on her arms as they sat at the edge of the hot tub. Sitting next to the Carrera girl discussing boys felt odd. While Farrah never lacked in the friends department, Millie and Lance never proved good advisors. Millie would always tell Farrah that the best way to get over one guy was to get under another. Lance never really offered any advice on the topic, always assuming Farrah knew what she was doing. Everything that had gone down the past few weeks had her mind whirling. She had gone from sneaking around with the Cameron boy to now setting her sights of JJ Maybank. The more time she spent in his presence the more she realised how dead on Kiara and Sarah had been about their observation. Still, she had no idea what to do with the feelings flourishing within her, nor did she know how to communicate them. As a default, she settled for denying the truth for as long as humanely possible. Kiara was making that hard with her constant questioning.