1.4 chapter four ✔️

CHAPTER FOURSPY GAMES"he hurt me but it felt like true love"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FOUR
SPY GAMES
"he hurt me but it
felt like true love"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

WHEN John B peered through the ajar door to JJ's room he didn't expect to see his friend's arm draped around a brunette girl. But he wasn't surprised either, simply chuckling as he closed the door softly.

     Fortunately for Farrah, John B hadn't studied the back of her head for long enough to recognize her. He had just assumed she was some random girl JJ had picked up the previous night while he, Kiara and Pope were hanging out at the Wreck begging Kiara's dad for free food. Hopefully, it would stay that way too.

     It wasn't until the rays of sunlight danced across her face she stirred awake. She blinked slowly as she opened her eyes, bracing for the impact of the hangover that was undoubtedly headed her way. It never hit her. The Montgomery girl dreaded getting to her feet, knowing that the probabilities of the hangover hitting her like a truck were high. It took a moment for her to even remember the events of last night, but when she did, panic settled. Suddenly she became hyper aware of the arm draped around her body, their close proximity causing her heart to race. Slowly, she glanced over her shoulder. His normally vibrant eyes were closed as puffs of air escaped his lips. For once, luck was on her side. JJ was still asleep.

     Not before she heard the voices coming from the livingroom of the château did she realize they weren't alone. That's when she made the calculated desicion to gather her belongings and basically throw herself out the window. Fortunately for her, it was early enough in the morning that scarcely any cars were on the road. The walk back home proved to be short— but not short enough that she managed to go the entire walk without puking. She had stopped exactly two times to pull her hair back in order to hurl the contents of her stomach onto the ground. On round number two the only thing left for her to vomit was stomach acid. It aggressively clawed at her throat. That's when she made the vow not to get that drunk in a very, very long time. Note to self; don't drink tequila straight from the bottle. Especially not if they had sombreros.

     The third fortunate thing presented itself in her lap when she stepped into the house using the spare key hidden underneath a flowerpot. That's when the breath of relief escaped her upon realising both her dads were still asleep. She tiptoed throughout the crammed house and into her bedroom, happy that for once, the universe was on her side.

     It wouldn't last for long, she assumed, but she had every intention of relishing in it for as long as humanly possible.

     The last thing that caught her eye before she slipped back off to sleep was the previously vibrant yellow tulips in the vase. They had surely began wilting, a few yellow petals of sunshine decorating her desk top as they fell down. She made a mental note to throw them out before her eyes grew heavy and she was enfugled in sleep once again.