1.6 chapter six

CHAPTER SIXPARCEL NINE"how can i tell if i'm in the right relationship"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER SIX
PARCEL NINE
"how can i tell if i'm in
the right relationship"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     JOHN Booker Routledge was alive.

     After falling from the Hawk's nest— correction, after being pushed from Hawk's nest by Topper fucking Thornton, John B had miraculously survived. Not only had he survived, but with minor injuries as well. He ended up with a concussion and a broken wrist, oh, and a new residency at Tanny Hill. Sarah Cameron's father Ward had generously enough arranged for John B to stay with them, putting both the DCS and police off his trail.

As far as luck went, John B was pretty freaking fortunate.

     Farrah had made a promise to herself that she'd be staying the hell away from them, them being Kiara, John B, JJ and Pope. But no matter how hard she kept trying to keep away, it was like an invisible pull led her straight back to them everytime. Farrah hated how the universe kept interrupting her plans to steer clear of them. That's what landed her here; sitting in what was undoubtedly the most uncomfortable scenario ever. John B, JJ, Kiara and Pope were all sharing awkward looks as Sarah and Farrah felt the punishing feeling of being out of place.

     JJ and the others had dragged Farrah along when they went to the hospital, and when they finally got tired of waiting around. Pope and Kiar Ahmad gone one way while JJ had insisted on walking Farrah home. She had objected, but the boy was persistent. So she allowed him to, the alchohol beginning to finally wear off.

     The walk had been silent, agonizing. The horizon slowly lit up with shades of orange and pinks when they reached the Cut. The thunderstorm had stilled throughout the life, and as the sun began rising the heat began sizzling. As the two walked alongside one another in silence, Farrah's mind whirled with thoughts. The previous night had been nothing like she had expected it to be. She was sure her dads were fuming considering she hadn't texted them since letting them know she was leaving the party with Topper and the others. All she knew was that she was in desperate need of a shower, and rest.  Hopefully her dads were still asleep.

     "Gold?"

     JJ knew it was probably a mistake, and that the others ( especially Kiara ) would loose it when they found out he was bringing Farrah into it. But walking alongside her early that morning stirred something deep inside him. All critical thinking went out the window, and he ended up telling her everything.

     "Gold. Cold, heavy gold."

     Farrah was understandably so doubtful to what JJ was telling her. A treasure hunt like the one they had been on sounded so painfully made up that it made her want to roll her eyes. She couldn't even tell if he was joking or not. Something about the way he spoke made her listen, though.