Prologue

Xandria Michaels had always been a quiet and studious girl who preferred books over parties and lectures over dates. She was a sophomore, majoring in nursing.
She was very pretty but didn't have many friends except her two close friends Benjamin Noah and Mark Johnson. A lot of guys liked her and always wanted to engage her in conversation in one way or the other, but she didn't seem to care. While for the girls, they were jealous of her good looks and smartness.

Pondering in the dark with her arms wrapped around her and muttering to herself while she paced around. Bang!, a noise from the edge of the room was heard as Xandria kicked her stool just before laying down. She didn't mind what hurt her or the loud noise she made. All she wanted to think about was what had happened the day before. "But it's so dark, why am I still awake thinking about this man?, what have I done to myself?", she thought to herself.

(It's 10:00 pm and it's unlike Xandria to be awake but she couldn't sleep)

All she could do was think of her Prince Charming who probably doesn't give a fuck about her, but then that was what made her even more excited about him. He wanted to talk to me twice!! She screamed in her mind, of course, he couldn't get enough of this body as she admired herself (Xandria, a slim and fit girl built with perky boobs and very defined curves was the dream of every man and the envy of every girl at West Cambridge University).

Her mind flashed back to herself walking the previous afternoon and that's when she saw him. She sighed in contentment at the thought of the tall fair man who had on a poker face. He wore a dark suit and a tie and held a leather-bound book in his hand.

Carl Santino was a master's student at the same university. He was handsome, mysterious, confident, hardworking and reserved. He had a business of his own too.
He had a best friend named Damian Sanchez who he didn't play with and the two were inseparable.

She felt a surge of curiosity and admiration just thinking about him more. The thought of falling in love with someone like him never crossed her mind at first, but then what if it happened?