Chapter 4: The best friend

Xandria's pov

I was relaxing in my room, listening to some music and playing a game when Benji's call came in. It wasn't anything over the top, he just wanted us to meet up and hang out.

Seeing as I had nothing better to do at the time, I got dressed, grabbed my room key, and headed out.

When I got to him, we were randomly just talking about any and everything.

We had barely been talking for 15 minutes when his phone rang. Benji apologized and excused himself to take the call, I didn't get to see whose name was displayed on the caller ID, I wasn't interested, but it must have been important if he had to excuse himself.

With Benji occupied with his call, I decided to busy myself with my phone. I took it out of my pocket and began scrolling through my Snapchat messages, replying to all of the texts I had yet to reply to.

I got so caught up texting that I failed to notice a stranger walk up to me.

When I looked up, the stranger wasn't exactly a stranger, he was none other than the mysterious man's friend. At that time he seemed to be alone and not with his friend.

I locked eyes with him for all but two seconds before he waved me over.

I didn't have a lot of time to think it over as my body moved on its own.

A few well-placed steps later I was in his midst.

"Hey, how are you?", he asked me with a charming smile.

"I'm doing pretty good. How about you?", I said, smiling at him too.

"I'm good. I'm sorry for flagging you down like this, but I've seen you around a couple of times and I just wanted to say hi."

My smile brightened even further, it was nice to be noticed.

"So what are you up to today? What are you doing here?", he asked.

I gestured to where Benji had walked off, "I'm just waiting for a friend, he left not too long ago to answer an important phone call."

"Oh, okay", he nodded.

Then he came a little closer and looked at my phone. "Woah, you chat on Snapchat too? he asked.

While we continued talking, the mysterious man came out of nowhere. He looked and appeared so uninterested in joining our conversation, he just stayed at the back of his friend and was glued to his phone.
I saw it as a bit rude because the least he could have done was to wave to me or say hi or hello.

I began wondering what his problem was, and I knew I didn't do anything to him. So he's most likely a snub.

I didn't allow it to affect me though, I carried on talking with his friend as though he wasn't there. But I couldn't help but feel a hot gaze on me while talking and it was none other than the mysterious man, I ignored his gaze completely.

Two minutes later, I spotted Benji coming back, I said my goodbyes to Damian, who I later learned was the mysterious man's friend's name. I didn't want to ask for his friend's name because a part of me was boiling over his behaviour some moments ago.

"Hey Xan, sorry to keep you waiting for so long, but it was my mom who called over an urgent matter. I didn't know I would spend that long on the phone. I do hope you aren't upset.", Benji said.

"I'm not, I'm alright. Besides I had someone else keeping me company while you were gone", I replied.

As I said that, I noticed a change in his facial expressions, but it was gone as soon as it came.