8 - to obey and to restrict

The next day, Zaire awoke to the feel of sunlight on his face. He whined and tried to bury himself deeper into the king bed. After a few minutes of trying to find warmth, the omega sighed. Zaire sat up slowly with a hiss, feeling aches in his body. He stepped out of bed to observe the bedroom he had been given last night.

It was two times bigger than his room at his parents' house. The difference was that this place was full of material and warmth, the two things he didn't have before. This bedroom had a warm king bed covered in dark red satin sheets, along with black nightstands on either side. On his left side, there was a balcony covered by sheer black curtains. The right side had two doors. One led to a large bathroom that was filled with new towels and toiletries for him to use. The other door was to enter a walk-in closet, which Joon had filled with Woo's clothes. The beta had told Zaire that some clothes were brand new that the alpha never wore and some pieces were from when he was younger.

In the corner of the room, the omega saw a large bean bag. It was black and looked plushy, perfect to lay on or hide in for a nap. There was a small bookshelf next to the bean bag but it didn't have many books, only artificial plants for decoration. Zaire looked at the walls to see minimalist paintings of lilies and roses. The bedroom was cozy and warm, a perfect place for the omega to hide in.

Zaire went to the closet and saw a large box next to the entrance. He opened it to see packs of socks, underwear, undershirts, and two pairs of slides and sneakers. All of the items were packaged, a sign that they were brand new. Seeing all the stuff he had been given made Zaire feel bad. Why did they waste so much money on him?

He still appreciated it even though his heart felt heavy taking all they gave him. The omega took the items out of the packaging and set them in the empty storage bins in a neat manner. Zaire chose an oversized sweater and a pair of grey joggers before heading to the bathroom. It was large and the walls were made of black tile. There was a shower stall in the right corner of the bathroom and a large marble bathtub on the left. There was a small toilet a few away from the shower stall. He saw a tall counter right as he entered, bright lights almost blinding him at first. It had a huge beautiful mirror that almost went up to the ceiling.

On the marble counter, he saw three black bags with his name written on them. Zaire opened them one by one to see new toiletries. All these felt too much for him to take. He saw expensive lotions, a few bottles of limited edition cologne, vanilla-scented body wash, Korean skincare set. The omega tried to look for something simple out of the items but there was nothing ordinary. Zaire had no choice but to use them. He undressed and stared at himself in the giant mirror.

'I can't recognize myself.'

His fragile body was covered in whip marks and many other old scars. A gift from his "beloved" parents. They had ruined him. They had ruined his mind and his body, abusing him whenever they had an urge to damage something. The more Zaire thought of them, the more it hurt. The omega decided to shower, wishing the warm water could wash away the pain they had inflicted upon him.

When he was done, Zaire rubbed the scented lotion to parts of his body that didn't sting. He applied ointment to the bruised parts of his skin and dressed himself. The clothes were oversized but held a distant scent of Woo. The scent made him feel safe and protected. Zaire had just left the bathroom when he heard a knock on the door. The omega felt his heartbeat increase but remembered he wasn't in his parents' house anymore. Zaire opened the door and saw Liam. The vampire had a bright smile on his face as he greeted Zaire. His blond locks were slightly wet and he was dressed in baby blue-colored clothes.

"It's just you and me here. I'm going to leave in a few hours but Woo wanted me to show you his place. He left his schedule here so you can match your time with his routine." The vampire said. "I made you breakfast, let's eat first."