10 - only touch to protect

One week passed by silently in Woo's house. The alpha barely saw Zaire on the days he had to work. The omega would wake up before him. Woo would go downstairs to see breakfast on the table along with lunch packed for him to take. The alpha would feed Katana in the morning and then the female dog stayed with Zaire for the whole day, with him feeding her as directed. The alpha was pleased by the offer he had given to the omega.

Zaire followed all the rules without complaint. Woo would come back to a clean house, delicious meals, and a happy Katana. The female dog had stopped sleeping next to Woo and instead slept near Zaire's bed every night. The omega stayed out of the alpha's way. On the days the wolf was off, Zaire would either hide in the garden or his room.

The alpha observed the omega each time he saw him on his off days. He found out that Zaire didn't speak a lot around him. The omega was very shy and kept to himself. He never ate with Woo. Zaire would cook and wait for the alpha to eat first. The omega ate while sitting on the island in the kitchen. They barely spoke to each other; only short greetings if their paths met.

Currently, it was Wednesday morning and the omega had asked the alpha to do grocery shopping. The alpha had told him to get dressed and leave his black card at home. The alpha would pay there. Woo's black Dodge roared in front of the house entrance as he waited for Zaire to come out. A few minutes later, the omega walked out. He locked the doors with a code and walked towards the loud vehicle. Zaire wore blue jeans and an oversized black Nike sweater, the one the alpha used to wear a few years ago. It pleased the wolf to see the pretty omega wearing his clothes. His distant scent was still on them, meaning other people could smell Woo on Zaire. The sweater's neck was too big for the smaller wolf, causing his collarbones to show. He became nervous as Woo's onyx-colored eyes scanned him from the rolled-down windows.

'His gaze, it's too strong.'

Zaire entered the passenger side and sat on the leather seat. The omega wore his seatbelt as the vehicle rolled out of the house. The more Woo pressed on the gas, the more the Dodge roared and whined. It had been so long since the omega had been outside. He couldn't take his brown eyes off the streets. The alpha glanced at Zaire here and there as the omega watched people walking in the streets. He ached to be free like them. Zaire wished to walk around without the fear of someone coming after him.

No words were exchanged between the two and Zaire glanced at the alpha once before looking down at his lap. Woo was dressed in a grey Nike hoodie along with black track pants. Both pieces fit perfectly on the man's muscular arms and legs. The taller man wore a snapback backward on his head, showing off his forehead. Zaire couldn't deny it. The man next to him was handsome. Yes, he was scary and his dark red lips spoke roughly, but Woo's good looks intrigued the omega.

"We'll go to two places." The taller man said and Zaire gave a nod in reply.

Twenty minutes later, they reached a grocery store. The place was large but didn't seem too busy. Woo grabbed a cart and they went to the dairy section. While the omega was choosing yogurt, the alpha went to grab low-fat milk. Zaire was so focused on looking at the ingredients, that he didn't even notice when a young man approached him.

"Excuse me, beautiful." He heard a voice behind him but Zaire didn't turn around. The omega didn't realize that voice was directed towards him until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Zaire turned around to see a tall young man smiling down at him. By his scent, he could tell that the brunet was an alpha. "M-Me?"

"Yes, you've caught my eyes when you walked in. Would you be willing to give me your number?" The man gave him a polite smile.

Before Zaire could reply, he felt a heavy presence behind him. A familiar scent filled his space, overlapping his own. Woo glared at the alpha who gulped in fear. Zaire bit back a gasp as the taller man wrapped an arm around his waist. The omega was shoved against Woo's side and his hand unconsciously went to rest on the alpha's chest. Woo looked at the other alpha as his fangs grew.