―୨୧⋆ ˚ 013. the city looks so peaceful from here

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
chapter thirteen
⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊chapter thirteen⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
honey, 2024
⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

there's always been a lot of noise in matilda's head even when she was just a little girl. she eventually got used to it so most days it doesn't even bother her and after all it's just the way she's hardwired.

but it means that when the world goes quiet for her, when something shocks her brain silent, she notices. it's how she knows something important is happening, how she knows gravity is changing. her world has been more quiet since she met chris. maybe it was blessing in disguise.

"so what's wrong tills?" chris asked again as they were cleaning her living room after movie night.

stasie and ivy went to sleep in matilda's bedroom while nick, conrad and matt were already knocked out on the couch so chris and tills were the only ones awake talking in hushed tones.

"conrad took my phone so i just know that something is up" she answered him honestly "can you tell me what it is or do i have to find out myself?"

"tills..." he started feeling so guilty because he knew he had to tell her.

"someone posted about us meeting?" he didn't even had time to answer because she already knew it "i'm so sick of everyone being in my business"

"can you go to the rooftop from those stairs behind your bedroom window?" chris asked out of nowhere.

"yeah, do you want to go look at the stars?" she smiled because for a second he managed to take her mind off this whole thing.

"do i even have to answer to this question?" the boy laughed "take those blankets and let's go"

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

"the city looks so peaceful from here"

as the two sat on the rooftop of matilda's apartment building, her and chris gazed out at the bustling cityscape below. the sky was a deep, inky blue, with scattered stars peeking through the darkness. the air was cool and brisk, but the two were warm and cozy, wrapped in each other's arms.