―୨୧⋆ ˚ 018. bambi

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
chapter eighteen
⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊chapter eighteen⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
honey, 2024
⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

the thought of valentine's day made matilda feel a mix of emotions. on one hand, she loved the idea of a day dedicated to love and romance. she loved the idea of being showered in gifts and affection because her dad always made sure to make her feel special on that day. on the other hand, she had some experiences on valentine's day that made her wary of the holiday.

she couldn't help but shudder at the memory of her previous situationship cruel behavior on that day when they just started talking. the way that he asked her on a date and never showed up. the way that he gaslighted her into thinking that all of that was her fault. he had hurt her deeply, and the memory of that day still haunted her.

everytime tills thought about 14th of february, she felt a mix of sadness, anger, and fear. matilda always wanted to love and be loved becuase clearly she was born to be a lover girl, but she was so afraid of being hurt again. deep down matilda knew that she needed to move past the trauma but it was so difficult.

"good morning" chris smiled at her as he entered his room. they have slept in the same bed for five days now and it was the most peaceful nights matilda had in a while.

"hi chris" she smiled back at the sight of the boy holding up a bouquet of flowers.

not any flowers. a bouquet of daisies for fuck's sake.

"those are for you daisy" chris handed her big bouqet.

"thank you, i'm literally gonna cry right now" she hugged him tightly "i made you something too deer"

matilda was the type of person who adored handmade, personalized gifts so of course she made him something special.

pink valentine card wrapped with pink ribbon with heart-shaped light bub that said "you light up my world".

"is that a one direction quote?" chris laughed and matilda nodded her head "i love it, thank you so much tills"