―୨୧⋆ ˚ 036. please

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
chapter thirty-six
⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊chapter thirty-six⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊
honey, 2024
⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆

"you look tired" were the first words chris said when he saw matilda wrapped in a blanket in his doorway. she looked adorable, but lacked that spark that he admired so much in her. this was probably his fault anyway.

"no shit" she replied as she sat down on the opposite side of the bed from the one the boy was lying on.

and matilda really wanted to hate chris. it would be easier and it wouldn't hurt so much. she had every right to do so. after all, he was the one who didn't want to listen to her and immediately assumed the worst-case scenario.

however, she knew that never in her life would her soft spot for christopher sturniolo disappear so easily. she clearly remembered their conversation on their first night in boston when they talked about their relationships and started to understand why they were the way they were. commitment issues are real and painful problem and she couldn't ever disregard chris' feeling like that.

because chris was the first boy who understood her and didn't try to disregard her feelings. the first boy who openly said that he liked her. the first boy who was not ashamed to show her on his social media, even if she was afraid of the reaction of the whole world. the first boy who understood her fear of public opinion and the pressure it put on her.

so it hurt like hell when they stopped talking one day just because they couldn't solve the problem as two adults, they just let their ego and pride choose for them.

"what are you thinking about daisy?" chris asked her because he saw that tills wasn't actually focusing on the cartoon on tv "fuck, sorry. can i still call you daisy?"

"i don't know. it hurts when you do that" she turned towards him. if she was going to be honest at any time, it would be now since he had already seen her at her worst that day.

"i'm sorry matilda" he sighed and also faced her "really fucking sorry. for everything. i don't know if any of my words will be able to show how much i regret my behavior in may"

"chris" she began hesitantly "i don't know if i want to talk about it today. that's just way too much for one day, don't you think?"

"that's okay, i understand" he immediately told her in an assuring voice "can we just cuddle and fall asleep together? just for tonight, please"