CHAPTER -1

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION

MALE PROTAGONIST -
RITIK AHUJA
( BELONGS TO A MIDDLE HIGH CLASS FAMILY)
AGE- 23 YRS
LIVES IN A FAMILY OF 3
WELL BUILT AND PLAYS BASKETBALL; A TOTAL GREEN FLAG ANY GIRL COULD IMAGINE OF...

FEMALE PROTAGONIST -
KRITI CHATURVEDI
(BELONGS TO A MIDDLE CLASS FAMILY)
AGE- 22 YRS
LIVES IN A FAMILY OF 4
PULLS OF A NERDY ATTITUDE BUT IS ALSO A FLUFF GOOFY GIRL ENJOYING EVERY ESSENCE OF LIFE...

Shubhi Sharma - Best friend of Kriti
Shourya Pathak - Best friend of Ritik

KRITI'S POV

PAST SCENARIO -

As a new student in a whole new world outside India. It is the time when people are used to go to study abroad very commonly.

But as a small town girl it was pretty much obvious that the ambience was not too generous for me. And apart from the settling situation there were more issues to be handled as to survive alone.

The university life as people say is the best life one can experience in their lifetime. But for me it was a struggle as to biological law of survival "The survival of the fittest".

KRITI'S POV (PRESENT SCENARIO)

While being all settled in the living room with my roommate Shubhi. We were going through the academic books being provided to us as we were the scholarship students from India.

After a while when we both heard our stomachs growl we laughed like some maniacs. Then we decided to make some one pot rice dish to feed our hungry stomachs, when the dish was ready and was giving the vibe of a piping hot delicacy that was aromatic;
We dug ourselves into the spice pool and were full after having two bowls per person.

After a while, we were informed that  there will be 2 more transfer students staying in a room alloted next to us.
And guess what they were also from India and by coincidence one of the guy out of two was my academic buddy in the previous school from where I dropped out.

They rang the doorbell of our dorm room and were happy to have people from their own locality as per there opinion.

When I opened the door one of those 2 boys stared at me like he seen some  deadly ghost in front of himself. I snapped my fingers in front of his eyes and (lemme tell you all he had hazel green eyes👀).

(Ps - The male protagonist has a well built body as he will be the basketball player in the current University. His height is about 5'9 as per the avg Indian height).

When reality hitted him he looked in my eyes and said,"Umm... Hello there, I guess I have seen you somewhere but can't remember where?"

And that thing just hitted me like a truck from behind {he was my first crush in school}. But I didn't tell him that I recognised him. Let that moment be a surprise for him, after sometime his best friend came and gave a knock and this time it was Shubhi to open the door for him...

They both settled on the chairs we got them from the dinner table set as there was no budget to keep a recliner or a small sofa set of 2 . We all settled down and started introducing ourselves to each other.

"So guys, it's a pleasure to meet you both my name is Ritik Ahuja, but you all can call me Ritik. And here is my friend or should I say my buddy from childhood Shourya Pathak" . He introduced his friend to us as he was feeling a bit nervous to speak for himself and it seemed like he had anxiety or maybe symptoms of slight depression.

And now it was time for me and my friend to give our introduction infront of them.

"MYSELF KRITI CHATURVEDI and I am pharma student. Studying pharma marketing here on special scholarship.

And then it was turn of my friend Shubhi to give her introduction,

"MYSELF SHUBHI SHARMA, psychology student studying Forensic psychology.

And as we all were done with the introducing each other, we offered them snacks and tea ofc cuz( har hindustani ki raago mei chai daudti hai) and just after taking a sip of chai Ritik's eyes shined like there was something in that tea was not even. I saw an unexplainable expression on his face not able to understand I asked out of curiosity " Kya hua chai aachi nhi bani kya, kuch kam ya zyada ho gaya?"

("What happened is the tea not good in taste, is something wrong with it?")

Ritik's expressions were about to give me a self doubt on my chai making skills and he was stunned. I panicked and asked him what's the problem and he said "Chai itni perfect hai ki Ye peeke mujhe meri daadi ke hath ka swad yaad aa gaya, bs aur kuch nhi".

("No it's nothing much,just that this taste is too perfect that reminds me of my grandmother's tea").

And after listening him I calmed myself down cuz panic attack aaega hi 'jab aapke hath ka swad poore rishtedaaro mei famous ho aur achanak se koi aise dekhne lage jaise koi cheez galat hai chai mei'.

('When your hand made taste is famous amongst all relatives and suddenly someone looks at you like something is weirdly wrong with the tea').

I said "Hash!!Tumhe meri chai ne kisi apne ki yaad dilayi, ab jab bhi daddi ki yaad aaye toh unke hatho ka swad lene aa sakte ho yahan".

("Ohh!! So my hand-made tea made you remember your close family member,from now on when ever you want to get a remembrance of her hands taste you can come over").

He smiled to his ears after listening to me and then we talked a little more about our schooling in India . And there at schooling spot it stricked his brain that I was his batchmate in the previous school. And he suddenly hugged me out of nowhere, I was a little bit taken aback by this strange hug but he slowly relaxed and after releasing from the hug he said,
"Ab mujhe yaad aa gaya aap kon hai mohtarma.."
I asked him "Toh humse hamara parichay karwaiye agar pehchan gaye hai toh "!

("Then introduce me to myself if you gave recognised me").

Then he said "Tum wahi Kriti ho na jisne mere sath science project banaya tha for school exhibition and hume 1st prize bhi mila tha. Maine kaha tha ye haseen chehra mujhe bahot hi zyadda jana pehchana lag rha hai 😂.Aur 9 th standard ke finals mei mujhe cheating karwai thi "PADHAKU KRITI".

Then I said "Chalo kisi ko toh yaad hai ki maine uspe ehsaan kiya tha pass karwake warna abhi tak 9 th standard mei hi pade rehte" I said this and as Shourya and Shubhi listened our bickering they both laughed their stomachs out. And Ritik was flushed in the shade of light red and I saw him blushing even more. And after this we talked more for a while as it started getting dark they both suggested to go back to their room as they need to settle some furniture.

And we bid them bye and as I was ablut to close the door Ritik suddenly came in front and with a slight smirk he said
"Tumhari ye bachkani baatein mujhe aaj bhi utna blush karwati hai jitna school time mei krwati thi bs farak itna hai ki iss feeling ko mei one-sided se two- sided aur mutual banake rahunga". He winked at me and left from there.

" I was shocked that how did he knew that I had a cursh on him in schooltime? Was my closeness with him that obvious or he was just kidding like old times?"

So how was the chapter and please don't come after me as it's my first time giving writing a try😅

And do let me know if this should continue or be left here?

As a reader I know I don't have the relevance to say anything until and unless people give the story a try....