Chapter 18

A/N: Hit the VOTE button now because this is a longer than usual chapter. All for you, sizzies! <3 ILY!!! Happy almost-weekend. 

*****

"Are you jealous of her?" Alejandro repeated his question.

Clara breathed deeply and decided to ignore the question. She tried to get more food on her plate.

"Are you jealous of her, Clara?" he asked again.

"Tell me, Alejandro. Do you like her?" she asked back, refusing to answer his question.

"No, of course not. I only see her as a good friend. And why would you even think... You're just out of your mind. No one's replacing anyone," he firmly said.

"It's just what I feel!" giit niya at ibinaba na ang mga hawak na kubyertos.

"Then you thought wrong, Clara. Is this why you did what you did? Is this why you had to... do that to her? To ask Tyler to-"

"You know what, kung kakampihan mo lang siya, then I better get going. I don't wanna spend time with people who don't want me." She stood up at itinapon ang napkin sa tabi ng plato niya. She hasn't even finished all of the sushi. But she walked out of the restaurant. 

Well, they were just parked in front pero ayaw niyang sumabay pauwi dito so she decided to look for a taxi sa tabi ng kalsada.

"Really? You want to do this here?" galit na galit na tanong ni Alejandro na nakasunod na pala sa kanya ngayon. He was fuming with anger.

"Do what?" tanong niya ng hindi ito tinititigan. "Can't you see I'm ready to leave?"

"No, you're not leaving me here without clarifying what you just said."

"I said what I wanted to say already. Ano pa ba ang gusto mong marinig?" Clara faced him now, furious as well. 

"So why do you feel that way? Why are you acting like a jealous girlfriend?" galit na galit na tanong nito.

"Because we were supposed to enjoy this day but she's ruining it again from miles away. Again! How many times has she ruined our time together? Countless times! Don't you get it? Do I have to spell everything out for you, Alejandro? I am so mad at her and you right now."

He stepped closer to her and grabber her right arm. "Why do you want to enjoy this day with me? I thought it was just to make me see what I'm missing out here in the big city?"

"Y-Yeah, that's exactly why." And so much more... But she wasn't prepared to tell him that.

"I enjoyed it, Clara. I really do. But I just don't like it when you always point out to people we don't know that we are not a couple. We look good together. Clara, I even proposed to you. But you declined. You rejected me. And now, you would just walk out on me because I want to check up on a good friend. Do you see what you're doing?" His firm became tighter.

Her breathing quickened as he stepped even closer. The sun was scorching hot because it was around lunchtime pero hindi niya nararamdaman iyon. All she felt was the beating of her chaotic heart.

"You don't get to do this to me, Clara. You don't get to reject my proposal and think that you own me at the same time. I will give my attention to people that matter and to people who think highly of me."

"Then, leave. Leave if you want."

"And then what? You'll hate me? You'll hate Winnie? You'll blame the whole world except yourself. You'll play the victim and think that everyone's ganging up on you. Grow up, Clara. Stop acting like the spoiled brat that you are. Pinalampas ko nang malaman kong may kinalaman ka sa nangyari kay Winnie. But this time, I'm not tolerating you anymore. I love you but your brattiness has to stop at one point!"