Chapter 9 --- "What can I do, for you, what can I do, that no one else can do?"

Lmao i just realised I changed the numbers-

{----•~----♡-|⛧|-♡----~•----}

It had been a while since they talked. The two went back to being strangers in a way.
Until one night.

Angel awoke with his heart pounding, tears running down his face. Nightmares were shitty, no matter how old you were.

Fat Nuggets slept peacefully in his piggy bed. Angel decided he wouldnt distrub the pig. Instead he went to seek comfort from the person he had been avoiding, Husk.

The spider demon slowly walked down the hallway to Husks room, careful not to make too much noise.
He knocked on the door slowly, and after a few minutes it opened.

"Angel?" Husk muttered with a tired face.

"Please, use my real name." The spider demons eyes were still puffy and red, obvious he had been crying.

Husk hesitated slightly and sighed. "Anthony. Whats wrong?"

"I had a nightmare. Stupid, right?" Angel said with a small weak laugh, trying to hide how he was feeling. "But.. It scared me. And my first thought was to come here," He continued. "So can I come in?"

Husk stared up at the taller man for a second before nodding snd letting Angel in, closing the door behind him.

"So, whats this nightmare about?" Husk said with a sigh while Angel sat on the bed.

"Valentino." Angel grimaced. "I cant even escape from that fucker in my dreams."

Husk nodded and listened to Angels ranting. The cat had never been the one to talk, always the listener.

Angel finished his rant and looked over at Husk, who had sat next to him on the bed.
"Are we gonna talk about.. yknow..." Angel mumbled.

Husk sighed and stared out the small window next to the bed. "I guess. I'll start. Look, Anthony, I know we.. we were serious back then. But we're obviously very different people now," Husk started. "I do still care about you. But I care about 𝘈𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘺, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 𝘋𝘶𝘴𝘵."

The spiders expression softened at this. "I guess youre right. But still.." His hand creeped over to Husks. "We can make this work."

"I- But- I mean, with everything going on right now.. With Valentino, and working at the hotel-" Husk stuttered.

"Wouldnt it be better if we faced it together?"
Angel said softly.

They locked eyes, and Husk stared down at their hands.

"..Okay, fine." Husk finally said.

"Thanks, Daniel." Angel smiled and gave Husk a small kiss on the cheek.

The two men sat there, attempting to sleep. And in eachothers warmth and company, they did.

{----•~----♡-|☆|-♡----~•----}

"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒅𝒐, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖? 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒅𝒐, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒐?"

(STEVEN UNIVERSE REFERENCE????)

{----•~----♡-|☆|-♡----~•----}

Thats it. You got the happy ending.

I might update this, but for now, this is the happy ending. I cant express in words how greatful I am that people even bother to read this. Like who tf would want a shitty bad grammar fic written by a gay teen at 3AM-?
Anyways,
LOVE YA! <33