06

Falling into bed in the small apartment he had rented, Joshua takes his headphones, hoping that the music will make the melancholy and disappointment leave his soul. He closed his eyes trying to suppress the tears of despair and helplessness that tried to slide down his cheekbones. Music was not the solution to his problem as it aggravated his anguish. He threw his cell phone on the nightstand, preferring to study the case before using the energy of him crying like a child.

The shrill ringtone coming from his cell phone frustrated his plan. Seeing that it was an incoming video call from his parents, he had no choice but to answer.

A false smile appeared on his face, his parents had no reason to worry about their chaotic day, that would only increase the silent fear they harbored for the other species.

"Shua, how are you?" His mother, as sweet as she always was, asked him.

"We miss you too much around here, Soobin keeps saying that he will go look for you in the big city, Nayeon opened her bakery, Yuna is shining in high school and Yeosang and Seonghwa, his husband are waiting for their first bunnies." His father quickly reported, updating him on how many things had happened in just two days. He never believed it would be possible to be so homesick. 

"Honey, look, he's a parking meter officer." Mr. Hong explained, informing his wife. a few seconds later who smiled excitedly.

Hearing that, Jisoo cursed under his breath, the last thing he needed now was to disappoint them.

"Mom, dad, this is temporary." Joshua tried to say but he was not heard by his parents who were busy performing praises and thanking God that his son had a safe occupation.

Joshua tried to ignore the fact that his parents' comments only disillusioned him more, realizing that he was just a young rabbit hybrid from the Bunnyburrow who had just graduated and was imposing itself on him.

Saying goodbye to his parents, he ended the call.

Joshua took the folder given by Soonyoung in his hands, carefully reading the information it contained, finding on the third page of the report a snapshot taken by one of the security cameras where Jeonghan was clearly observed talking with Junhui.

"Why you again?"

The sun kissed the horizon and with the light that filtered through the window of his tiny room the young agent woke up. His entire back hurt, and no, it wasn't because of his "soft" bed, was because he had spent the entire night mulling over the case looking for someone else who was related to it other than that shameless fox.

He had no choice but to devise a plan, something twisted he had to admit, but desperate circumstances require desperate measures and the reddish-haired man with angelic features surely hid numerous secrets up his sleeve, many of which he was certain. , they would help him solve the mysterious disappearance.

🦊🐰

"Jeonghan that police bunny is looking for you." The thick voice of Taehyung, the white fox who had pretended to be Jeonghan's son made Joshua rethink his extraordinary idea of asking Yoon for help.

After the thunderous scream of his friend with whom he lived in a caravan, the aforementioned had no choice but to leave while he rubbed his eyes as he slowly descended the stairs of his mobile home.

"Little bunny."

Jisoo swore that when he saw the redhead's sleepy expression he lit up, watching how shamelessly Jeonghan gave him a flirtatious smile. The gray-haired hybrid had no choice but to roll his eyes, wondering for the tenth time if this madness was worth it.

"Save the gallantries Yoon. I came to make you a proposal." The policeman informed so that the aforementioned crossed his arms over his chest and raised one of his boxes waiting for the young agent to continue with his proposal.

"I need your help to search to Mr.Wen."

"I don't know who you're talking about." The fox hybrid quickly cut off Hong's sentence, the feline-eyed man's turn to raise one of his eyebrows.

"Yes you know." Joshua contradicted taking a step towards the older.

A sigh left Jeonghan's thin lips.

"And what would I gain from this little game of cops and robbers?"

There always had to be an interest, typical of foxes, Joshua thought.

"Your freedom."

"My freedom?" Skeptically, the lazy-eyed one verified what he heard, obtaining an assent from the thick-lipped one.

With a smile plastered on his face, The one with angelic features approaches Joshua, wrapping his tail around the rabbit hybrid's small waist just as he did the day before.

"Bunny." That irritating tone appeared again causing Joshua's ears to twitch.

"We already agreed that you were not going to arrest me. We both know I've been doing this for years and without giving a damn cent to the government." 

In a velvety way ​said.

"I already know that Mr. Yoon, however you sell hundreds of pallets for 5 dollars, not counting the sale of "wood", and you declare that you only get 70 dollars a week. But if you sell 100 pallets in one day, that would be $500 and for the wood of which you sell 45kg per day it would be 675 taking into account that you apply the price established by law, however in a week or day depending or not on whether you buy the Jumbo lollipop to his "Taehyungie", he earns $1175 so he steals from the state an approximate of $1105 and since you have been doing this since you were 19 and now you are 28 years old that would be three million six hundred twenty-nine thousand nine hundred twenty-five dollars that you have stolen from Zootopia."

Irritated, Jeonghan snorted before caressing one of Agent Hong's cheeks with one of his hands, being instantly pushed away by him.

"Yes I did. So what? I'll keep doing it, I'll keep making money without paying those idiots, and you, carrots, you won't stop me." Yoon mentioned between his teeth, looking with disdain at the young officer.

It was in a matter of seconds when Jeonghan heard his voice echo in that alley without having to open his lips.

The rabbit had recorded his damn conversation, and he pulled at his long hair in exasperation, not believing that this dull recent graduate had given him a spoonful of his own medicine.

Joshua proudly shook the carrot-shaped pen that he had taken out of the pocket of the upper garment of his uniform; that pen was not just any pen but a recorder.

With a sly expression Hong Jisoo smiled superiorly at the predator.

"You didn't know? It's called a hustle, sweetheart."