11

"Thanks to the hard work of the Zootopia police station, it is an honor for me, current mayor of Zootopia Xù Minghao, to announce that the citizens who disappeared in the last quarter have already been found. I especially want to thank Officer Hong who was a crucial part of the success of this operation."

In the front row, Jeonghan watched as a shy rabbit hybrid took the stage, smiling proudly, he raised both thumbs, silently supporting Jisoo, who thanked him with a sweet look.

The gray-haired rabbit hybrid clears its throat, then takes a few breaths of air, trying to calm down.

"Good morning, this is Officer Hong, first of all I wanted to mention that I would not have been able to reach the end of the investigation without the help of citizen Yoon Jeonghan." He said looking at the aforementioned who raised both eyebrows and then gave him a cheeky smile at the younger who shook his head before continuing with his speech.

"A few minutes ago I was given the case report, which I will read at this moment."

"Case 55 of the year 2023, Zootopia Police Station:

Since the beginning of this year, a significant number of our citizens began to be reported missing, reaching the figure of one hundred and forty-six, all of them found yesterday, possessing unusual wild behavior, several tests were carried out proving that none of these were carriers of the rhabdoviridae or rabies virus, the test results were negative despite presenting the typical clinical picture of the disease, since all the "infected" belonged to the class of "predators", it will be taken as a measure preventatively limit their interactions in our society until the antidote is found.

Signature,

Zootopia Police Station Chief: Choi Seungcheol."

He had not read the letter carefully until that moment when the flashes illuminated his face and the journalists attacked him with questions about that statement. Joshua looked both ways disoriented, the people around him began to move in slow motion. What was there? made? Why had he read that document to the people of Zootopia without first analyzing it?

Joshua grabbed his hands on the closest edges of the podium trying not to fall, he vaguely responded to the questions asked, but he could clearly see something in that turbulence, Jeonghan's disappointed face, a bitter taste invaded his palate, something told him that this situation was It was now or never when he saw how the redhead left.

Joshua ran in the direction of the fox hybrid, getting in its path.

"I had no idea." It was the only thing that came from his lips, staring into those lazy eyes that reflected betrayal and pain.

"You are like the rest, they are all damn selfish, congratulations Officer Hong, you are now the savior of Zootopia, how do you think the families of the missing people will feel knowing that they will be left without a job or will begin a crazy quarantine for them." Every word spoken by the one with angelic features increased his regret, despite having only been the messenger.

"Now give me the recording, I was an idiot to believe that a fox like me would have a friend."

Tears flooded the feline eyes of the rabbit hybrid who took a step towards the older man watching as he retreated, however Joshua did not give up, he tried to take Jeonghan's hands, but he delicately pushed him away, realizing that the redhead also had his cheeks decorated with furtive crystals.

"The recorder, Officer Hong, that was the deal." He demanded, making the bunny 

hybrid shrink in his place, handing him the requested object.

After having the recorder in his hands, the fox hybrid leaves, and Joshua only squeezes his eyes tightly, trying unsuccessfully not to sob.

Soonyoung walks past him with a box containing his belongings.

"It's not your fault, Joshua." Softly the one with slanted eyes said he.

The aforementioned turns around in alarm, observing how the old reception desk where Officer Kwon worked is empty.

"Did they fire you?"

Soonyoung lets his shoulders slump, dismissing the matter.

"They are only transferring me to the basement, at this time a tiger receptionist is not the most prudent thing to do." The tiger hybrid with some sadness in his voice.

"That's unfair." Joshua managed to say before heading to Delegate Choi's office.

The shiny badges and trophies of the head of the Zootopia police station glittered like precious stones on the walls. He knocked on the door before reporting.

Seungcheol invited him in, so he took a seat at his desk, not expecting to see Mayor Hong's badge on it.

"I resign." The young officer firmly informed.

Choi played with the pen he held in one of his hands.

"You were the best in your class, I can't exonerate you so easily." His superior answered briefly.

"Chief Choi, you never cared about that detail." The one with feline eyes responded using the same tone.

"I will offer you a fifteen-day vacation, after that period I will decide whether or not to accept your letter of resignation, for now I will keep your badge and I ask Officer Hong to put aside your martyr complex, it is crucial to adapt to the new times."

Upon returning to the tiny apartment where he lived, Joshua immediately began to pack his things, just as he was doing with his dreams in those seconds, he opened his cell phone buying a ticket to "The Bunny Burrow", it was time to say goodbye to the big city.

Z(S)ootopia㆐JIHANजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें