12

The bunny hybrid had just completed delivery number thirty of the day, his back was crying out for a break, apparently the life of a peasant was not as easy as he believed, but he had to get used to it since he had abandoned his position at the police station.

Joshua did a few stretching exercises, stopping them abruptly when he saw how a truck parked on the street in front of the family garden, and a somewhat familiar figure got out of it. His parents went to receive the visitor and then made some signs indicating Jisoo to come closer. To them, the gray-haired rabbit hybrid left the rake that was lying abandoned on the floor after his rest in the tool room, before heading to where the Hong couple and a fox hybrid were grouped.

With every step he took, Joshua did not believe what he saw, in the flesh he had Oh Sehun in front of him, the personification of his headaches during his student years, leaving differences aside, he went to greet the young man.

Neither of them expected that meeting, somewhat defensively the one with feline eyes greeted from his place, Sehun smiled embarrassedly while he scratched the fur that covered his fox ears.

"Jisoo, I know it's a little late but I wanted to apologize for the way I acted a few years ago, I made several mistakes and especially with you."

The newcomer's apology seemed genuine, in his mind Joshua had already forgiven him a few years ago, however, hearing those words lightened some of the weight he carried on his shoulders.

"We were just kids, years ago I left that behind." The rabbit hybrid downplayed it, making Sehun smile in relief.

"Years ago I forgave us both." The one with gray hair added in a whisper.

The Hong couple smiled before proudly hugging Joshua, also inviting Sehun, who shyly joined the family hug.

"Mrs. Hong, I brought some pies for you to taste, it's free, you are like a second family to me." The fox commented to quickly extract a couple of fruity pies from his car.

The sweet aroma made Joshua smile, not believing that the tough bad boy from his elementary school had ended up being a baker.

"In fact, we prepared some fruit baskets for you," Mr. Hong happily mentioned.  

"Jisoo, you can bring them, they are next to the strawberry bushes." He indicated.

Complying with the orders of his father, the aforementioned moved towards the indicated place, taking the two baskets, taking care that their contents did not fall to the ground. He didn't pay much attention to the curious segment with violet flowers planted, just a few steps away from him. His mother's alarmed scream almost made him jump in fright, causing Jisoo to increase the speed of his steps, carrying the two baskets in a flash, which Sehun accepted with a small smile.

"What was that for?" Joshua questioned in reference to the strident scream heard a few seconds ago.

"You almost stepped on the autumn crocuses." Mrs. Hong pointed out, adding to her son's confusion.

"The night howlers Jisoo, your uncle Willy sniffed one of those when he was a child, and God, he became a savage, for little bit your aunt Lucy and me, we had to take him to the hospital to detoxify." Mrs. Hong related.

The ex-officer carefully observed the flowers, managing to locate them in a large part of his memories, he knew that he had seen them in various places, from the shelf of a florist to... the damn sports bag that that weasel had used to steal onions. Without a doubt he had to investigate who that thief was.