Chapter 2

I chapter 2 I

Coming back from the washroom, my new goal for today is to break the marriage.
because I am not yet ready to marry someone.

I cannot understand my parents or anyone else.

How can it be tough to live when you are single and enjoying yourself? I am happy, my spirit is pleased, I have an incredible amount of money, and when you have what you want, you get it. I don't understand why my parents are so focused on me getting married when I am perfectly pleased to stay single. I have a full life and enough money to enjoy it. Why should I give up on that only to meet cultural expectations? I am resolved to end this marriage and continue living my life on my own terms. I'm not sure why my parents are so focused on getting married. It's difficult to understand why people believe I should settle down when I already have all I desire in life.
when I heard my mother again yelling, "Esha, are you ready? They will soon come."

I replied while still keeping my eyes glued up, not wanting to marry him. "Hmm. I am ready."

I heard the sound of the cars; they must be here

I heard the sound of the cars; they must be here. When I headed downstairs, I found my parents standing at the front door.
As I approached them, I could see the excitement in their eyes, but my heart sank. The thought of giving up my freedom and independence for a marriage that I didn't want was unbearable.

When I saw the middle-aged couples who didn't seem to be famous but were coming from the same direction as the sound of the cars, my anxiety grew because they looked like rich, elegant, and classy couples.

As soon as they came in front of my parents, both parents knew they were standing in front of each other. The aunt is wearing a stunning designer saree, and, being in middlage, it doesn't look like she is that old. Her beauty makes me stunned, and the uncle is sporting a tailored suit, but he was handsome in middle age, and his long hair makes me feel like he is truly more modern than my father. Their elegant appearance made me feel even more uneasy, as if it confirmed my parents' high hopes for this forced union.

I'm still monitoring how they talk. The aunt and uncle have an active conversation, with confident and polished motions and attitudes. It becomes clear that they have the same degree of education and social position as my parents. Their classy and elegant aura raised my worries about the match that was proposed.

 Their classy and elegant aura raised my worries about the match that was proposed