Chapter 12

For two days, I have ignored him. I know it's not the way. He tried to talk to me, but I felt awkward, and he seemed like a danger to me. I needed time to process that there is someone who can understand without my consent because, as a lawyer, I never thought that in this world there would be someone like him.

when I felt someone prescene in my room, and I know who he is.

I heard his rough and cold voice: "I know you are not sleeping, Eshana."

I ignored him and didn't show any reaction when he again said it dominantly. "Get up, Eshana!"

Again, I ignored it and changed my position to side sleep. The man's presence in my room made me uneasy, but I tried to remain calm and composed. Despite his commanding tone, I refused to engage with him and continued to feign sleep.

As he sat on my bed just beside me, I could feel his gaze burning into me, but I kept my eyes closed and focused on my breathing to maintain my facade of sleep.

As he slowly touched my face with his middle finger, he slowly ran his finger towards my neck and put his whole hand on my neck, like a jweelary of my neck.

My heart raced with excitement as I felt his grip tighten, but I held my breath and remained still, hoping he would eventually leave.

As he leaned close to me, his face was a few inches apart from mine. His hand is still on my neck. The war between my heart and mind was still there when his breath I could hear fully , causing my heart to beat even faster. I closed my eyes and prayed for it to be over soon.

As he said huskly, "Stop pretending and talk to me, or I will do something before marriage that you wouldn't like. "

I got up and looked into his eyes. His grip on my neck loosened. As I said coldly, "What do you want to talk about?" His eyes softened as he replied, "I want to talk about us." My heart skipped a beat, unsure of what would come next.

I said calmly, "What about us?"

He sighed. "Why are you ignoring me??"

I didn't say anything , feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside me.

I can see in his eyes that he is sad. He said softly, "It's because of my sudden confession. I am sorry, flake. I wait for years to confess. For you, maybe it's sudden, but for me, it's too late to confess my feelings. I don't want to lose you. So whether you like it or not, we are going to marry."

I am surprised he said he waited for me. Why, when he fell for me, did he wait so long to confess his feelings? I couldn't help but wonder if there was more to the story than he was letting on. Was he hiding something from me all this time?

I questioned, "What do you mean, Abhimanyu? Is there something you're not telling me?" Abhimanyu hesitated before responding, "There are things I need to explain, things that might change everything." My heart raced as I waited for him to reveal the truth.