Chapter 7

I chapter 7 I

It was when I stopped my work that I heard the ring of the doorbell. It was my parents standing at the doorstep. My mother was standing with worry and softness, and my father was standing with pride. Mumma took me in her embrace without thinking twice, and I felt a wave of relief wash over me. Dad simply patted my back, a silent gesture of support that spoke volumes. I knew in that moment that everything would be okay.

As Papa said, let's go inside. I want to hear the whole story about how the table turns from being a soldier to the CEO of an investing company."

As we sat on the sofa, Mumma suddenly asked me, "How are you?"

I just looked at her and smiled. I know she will understand my emotions in silence.

As I questioned her, "How are you, Mumma and Papa?"

Mumma smiled at me, took me again in her embrace, and said," I missed you. ."

Papa asked excitedly, "Where is Reyansh now?"

I didn't say anything as my eyes started blurring with heavy water, but Mumma quickly replied, "He is in a better place now, watching over us and guiding us every step of the way." Papa nodded, his eyes filled with tears as well, understanding the unspoken words between us.

We all sat together in silence, feeling Reyansh's presence in our hearts. Mumma gently wiped away my tears and whispered, "He will always be with us, no matter where we are." Papa reached out and held my hand, making a silent promise to always be there for each other. We found comfort in each other's presence, knowing that Reyansh was still a part of our lives in a different way. The love and memories we shared with him would always keep him close to our hearts.

I couldn't feel anything right. It felt like over-willingness for me. I couldn't save him; he wants to live the life in which he has everything-parents, love, happiness, and love-in which he could live, but because of our stubborn childhood promise, he wants to die with me and live with me, but here I am all alone, and he is alone in heaven.

I struggled to accept the fact that he was gone, feeling overwhelmed by his absence. In spite of the pain, I took comfort in knowing he was at peace and would always be a part of me.

As Mumma said with a serious and calm tone, "We want to talk about something important."

I looked at her as Papa continued, "As you took the pledge of fire that you would come back home, your lifeless body would wrap around Trianga, or you would come with our future daughter-in-law. "

"It isn't possible. Mummy, papa, I can't die. I made a promise to Reyan. This time, I will live for Reyan." I spoke truthfully.

Mumma looked at me and said, "I know. What do you mean you want to marry?"

I replied without giving the next thought, "Yes." Mumma's eyes widened in surprise as she exchanged a quick glance with Papa. After a moment of silence, she finally said, "We will support you in your decision."

Papa declared, "I want you to marry my school friend's daughter."

"I will not marry her; I want to marry the girl I love and for whom I made a promise to live." Papa's expression was darker, as he wasn't accepting my thoughts. "Its order, Mr. Abhimanyu Malhotra, you did what you wanted for the past 10 years; know you will do what I want you to do," he said, showing seriousness in his decision.

I don't know what happened to Papa; normally, he is such an open-minded and optimistic man. I don't know what happened in 10 years-my father gave me order in my love life. I couldn't understand why he was suddenly so adamant about this decision, especially when he has always been supportive of my choices in the past. It felt like a betrayal of the trust and freedom he had always given me.

"Then I am not coming back home." I said it in a rough and serious tone as I got up from the sofa. "I will find a way to be with the one I love, even if it means leaving everything behind," I declared firmly, and I started walking towards the door with determination.

When I hear Papa's voice, "Don't you want to hear her name?"

Mumma shouted, "Eshani Mukherjee." I stopped and looked at her shockingly.

Hey guys please support my book as well as my Instagram channel https://www.instagram.com/genovasanista?igsh=MWVobDkzbjE1M3hzaA==

And if you are thinking about this book on manga toon it as a chat story as well