Chapter 17: Taste

Evelyn's POV:

After our last...interaction, he didn't bother me for a few days. I was allowed out of my restraints and given food and water by a woman in a white mask. She never spoke but her actions were kind. If there was a way out of here, she's it. I am allowed to walk my room freely but the door is kept locked. There is a small lamp in the far corner, dim but it allows me to see my room at least. with the cold and harshness I've experienced so far, the simplicity of discovering a bed in the previously shadowed area is enough to bring tears. After the 1st week, all concept of time or days is lost on me in this windowless prison. It's only when I hear the key enter the familiar, rusted lock that I jolt upwards, expecting the welcoming, white mask.

Instead, my heart sinks as the jet black, glossy surface of his mask appears around the door. this one sporting two long fangs, fitting for the snarling monster behind it. I'm pinned by his eyes, chilling, like a wolf who has found his prey, again I'm helpless.

He saunters into the room, locking the door behind him, his black suit as crisp as usual. 

"You already know complying is more pleasant for you, personally, I like the pitiful attempts at fighting back" He growls, detaching the shackles from the wall.

If he wants me to just submit to his will so easily, he's clearly more delusional than i thought. Instead of replying, I give the only defiance i can think of, spitting on his perfectly polished shoes. There's a moment of silence, the air freezes, a moment feels like an hour. My chest tightens, the fear hits me, Quickly followed by the back of his hand. 

My entire body reels from the impact and i spin, knees hitting the floor with a sharp thud. I can feel his rough hands clutching my wrists and, as before, I'm hanging from the manacles, still dazed. He turns out the light and slips a velvety blindfold over my eyes. Darkness. A sharp coldness begins to dance across my skin, water dripping at intervals. He chuckles slightly at my tremors. Its true what they say, losing one sense really does heighten those remaining. Every stray droplet sliding down my skin sends shivers up my spine. Before long, the room is filled with the echoes  of my shallow breaths, panting, needing. He slips the remaining ice into my mouth, Its intrusion welcomed by my quickly drying throat.

Another cold sensation is pressed into my skin, followed by a sting of pain. His knife. The familiar cold steel feathering across my stomach, unmistakable. He switches between gentle scrapes to cutting into me, beads of blood beginning to pool before streaking down my body.  Betrayed by my body, my thighs begin to dampen as i squeeze them together in an effort to hide my arousal. Once the ice is melted, i hear his voice growl, quiet enough to almost be a whisper.

"Mouth, open"

I let my mouth hang open loosely when the tip of his blade comes to rest on my tongue. My taste buds are assaulted by the sharp metallic taste of blood, my blood. 

"How do you taste little mouse? i think its divine"

He pulls the blindfold down, allowing me to see him take a knee. I watch as he trails his hot mouth across the delicate crimson pearls, savouring the taste as if a rare delicacy. The heat of his mouth, a dire contrast to the cold of my skin thanks to the ice. He is scalding, burning. I scold myself as my hips buck automatically when his tongue trails down my thigh. He carves rivers and valleys through my icy shell, igniting my core. Every time he gets close enough to make me shudder, he moves away again, torturing, teasing. A quiet, desperate whimper escapes my lips and I'm forced to bite down to prevent more. As his tongue gets rougher, so does my breathing. in shuddering with every movement, whimpering with every lick. My clouded mind is broken by another harsh slice across my inner thigh as he begins to savour my blood once more. It drips down my body, a stark contrast to my pale skin. He interrupts my thoughts once more with a bite to my inner thigh, pain shooting across my leg. He looks up at me, teeth still embedded into my skin, before releasing me. In his eyes is nothing more that a pure carnal desire. As he feasts on my flesh like a starving animal, he allows his fingers to brush over my core, coating his fingers in my arousal.

Pulling away to look me in the eye, he slides his glistening fingers into his mouth, savouring the taste. 

"what are you?" The question leaves my mouth before i can comprehend it.

"Poor little mouse, often the biggest monsters are just Humans driven mad."

The silence is deafening. He's right, logically but stories of vampyres, werewolves, gods and demons, they only distract us from the real monsters. Monsters like him.