10

Chapter 10

The two sisters walked day and night and found nothing and no one. The desert was huge, and they could not find anything, that is when Onamae realized the lost time.

"We're wasting time, Juape! "Onamae mused excitedly from walking the endless desert.

"Are we?" Juape said without understanding.

"Certainly! In this way we are getting tired and not going anywhere. We're going to die in the desert." Onamae concluded understanding that the situation was worse than the other times, because she had never walked so far without seeing any living being.

"Yeah! You are right!" Juape agreed. "We are lost in the middle of so much endless sand."

"Maybe we've been going around in circles." Onamae deduced.

"I think not. The desert has grown."

"Juape, don't invent!"

Juape pouted, and eyes wide, because Onamae seemed to be so smart while she just spouted silly ideas.

"How was the last time you went out? Did you not follow a direction? Did not you go east where the sun sets?" Onamae questioned, making Juape think.

Juape was silent.

"Pay close attention, now, we've been walking for 7 days and no civilization or animals or forest. I believe we got lost." Onamae said he felt great frustration at not finding anything that could solve the end of the world problem. She felt very hot and sticky from having sand all over her body, and she had never felt so helpless.

"I don't know, Onamae. I only went out once, many millennia ago and that was quickly." Juape said.

"Was your walk very unpleasant?" Onamae asked, curious to know how her older sister's outing went.

"Clear! Didn't it come out in the time of Noah like me?"

"Yes, it was a highly sinful and dangerous time."

"Horrible! There's no other word." Juape said still feeling disgusted by the time he was in the outside world and witnessed a lot of carnage and immorality.

"There was a lot of magic, a lot of fallen angels everywhere, not to mention the Nephilim." Onamae said remembering.

"Did you get to see them?" Juape asked.

"Yea. They were crazy people. They ate everything. Their hunger was constant. Scary, not even their heavenly parents could control them."

"I saw something that to this day terrifies me." Juape confessed in a whisper.

"Eh? What is it, Juape?"

Juape began to tell about her moment alone in the world of sins.

When I left, I walked for two days and found a village. There appeared to be a party there, but there was not. Juape started to shake just remembering the place and changed her tone, her voice dropped drastically, even though she did not need to, because they were in that desert just the two of them.

Those people were celebrating the arrival of food. Except they were not fruit, or vegetables, or animals.

The place stank; there was smoke everywhere and bodies strewn across the floor. Everything was in ruins, destroyed and looted. There were no children, no women, and no old people there; there were only brute and animalistic men.

Some men who were there were invading the place, but this village had nothing to eat. Then they found a skinny little boy, I believe he was about 16 years old.

Those bad people took hold of the boy's arms and legs. They put the boy on a table and several men came with metal weapons and began to cut the boy's lower limbs, then his arms, ripped his belly and chest, pulled his internal organs, without even killing him beforehand. The scene was horrible, I felt like throwing up.

Each male took a part of the young and ran with the meat so as not to be taken by another stronger male who tried to steal it. The cannibal scene was devastating.

The boy suffered too much before he died. There were many cries of despair. He was treated like game, a wild animal that had just been hunted.

Nor did they sympathize with him. He could have killed him before he saw himself being eaten alive. They would cut the boy up and they had been eating the raw pieces like starved animals for several days. It was a desperation for food. I have never seen before in my life.

Before I thought it was the Nephilim, but they were human. By how much these men were taller than me little measure. The Nephilim are three times taller than I am. It could be said that the Nephilim are so tall that they touch the clouds with their hands.

Returning to the village, I did not know what to do, as I was witnessing the saddest, most hideous and sinful scene that a man can commit against his fellow man.

Everything was just too despicable. Then I immediately felt that God could not be there, I felt an emptiness, a pain, and I soon realized why sin drove away man from communion with God. They lacked empathy, solidarity and love for their brother. There was no love for your fellow man. There was only contempt for life!

"Juape, weren't you seen?" Onamae asked.

"Not."

"Like not? If you were different. The only woman around."

"I'm gonna tell you a secret." Juape said softly.

"Tell, sister. Here just be the two of us."

"I learned a trick too."

"Hmm! It was?" Onamae said in surprise.

"Yea." Juape said smiling.

"Which?" Onamae asked curiously.

"I can turn invisible, so I was able to slip between them without getting caught."

"Aaah! Because as crazed as these wild men were for food, you'd be another easy meal." Onamae deduced laughing.

"Exactly, but I learned this wonderful trick, and I never told any of the sisters."

"Why?"

"I was afraid of our sisters fighting with me, especially Misana and Lemua. They would think that he was sinning by gaining magical knowledge."

"Certainly. I did it too. I learned and went to see the world." Onamae agreed because he did the same.

"Did you think you were a sinner?" Juape asked curiously, because she thought that Onamae would have had physical contact with a man and would have sinned like her mother Eva.

"Not. For I have never wronged a man."

"Uh? Not?" Juape doubted.

"Did you learn anything else, sister?" Onamae asked more curiously.

"Not. Sadly, I was foolish; I could be like you: Brave and wise.

"Do you think I'm like that?" Onamae asked.

"Yes, Onamae. You were the most adventurous sister, and learned many powers."

"I have knowledge and faith. Thing you have too, just your mind is plastered for not practicing the power of the word.

"Do you think so?" Juape still doubted.

"Yes, Juape. I will teach you everything I know. He is well?"

"Howwonderful, Onamae! It's gonna be awesome!"