I Am Here For You (C. Evans & E. Olsen)

WORD COUNT: 2720 Words
Character Name: Adelaide

I've been working on the set of a new Marvel show for a little bit over a week now. I am only an extra, not a main character. I don't have to be on set as much as I am, but I am friends with Chris Evans. He lets me tag along as much as I can. I don't get my own trailer, so he shares with me.

Right now, he's on set and I am laying on the couch in his trailer. Swiping away on TikTok, as I always do. There's not much for a nineteen year old to do. I am on break from College, with no assignments to complete. Studying is not a thing I do, even though I know I should.

As I get up from the couch, there's a knock on the trailer door. "Come in?" I say, leaning my head back to try and see who it is. It's Elizabeth Olsen with a couple multi-colored frosted cupcakes in a container. "Good Morning," I greet her with a smile. I didn't become friends with other cast members. Who wants to be friends with an extra? They're all really friendly though. They do invite me to their group dinners and game nights, but I never went. I am Chris's friend, other than that I am basically a nobody to them. I wouldn't have been invited.

"Good Morning!" Elizabeth says as she closes the door behind her. She places the container down on the counter then looks at me. "I baked these late last night. I guess you can say that I stress baked." She shrugs her shoulders and opens the container. Looking back to me, she follows my gaze to the light purple frosted one with rainbow sprinkles. She picks it up and holds it up in front of my lips. "They're vanilla, but still good. I promise. Have a bite?" She suggests, slowly moving it closer to my lips. I shake my head, getting a bit of frosting on the side of lips. Before I could wipe it, she does then licks her finger. "Later?" I nod my head. "Promise to tell me about how great my baking skills are?" I nod my head again. She gives me a smile before placing the cupcake back in the container. "Actually, these are all for you. I made so many that each person I know here gets a set of seven."

"Thanks," I say in a mumble before sitting back on the couch. She does too, siting on the middle of three cushions while I try to move into the arm rest. "What are you doing here?" I finally ask after a couple minutes of silence.

"I actually am here to wait for Chris-"

"I can give him the cupcakes, you know?"

"Oh, no yeah, I know." Elizabeth takes a deep breath, looking away from me. I can see her biting her inner cheek. There's something she isn't saying. A couple minutes later, Chris enters the trailer in what I like to call his cool guy outfit. In reality, it's just a white tank with blue jeans and black sunglasses. Elizabeth goes to hug him when he closes the door, then Chris holds his hand up to me for a high five. "Killed it?" I ask. He laughs, grabbing a water bottle from the mini fridge. "One hundred percent!" He attempts to open the cupcake container Elizabeth brought for me but she playfully hits his hand. "Not for you."

"But, you said-"

"It's in my trailer. This set is just for her."

Chris looks to me. "Sharing is caring?" He then looks to Elizabeth, who playfully hits his arm. "Back off, Evans." They both laugh, then Chris sits beside me. He pulls me into a hug, resting his head on my shoulder. "So, I have something to tell you. You and Elizabeth are going to hang out for the next two days. I have some errands to run."

"But I could go with you?"

"No, no, you can't. It's a personal thing, kid." He sighs, squeezing me tighter.

I look up at Elizabeth, who is looking back at me. "I am sorry you came here for nothing." I turn my head to Chris. "I am going home, once you let me go." Truth is, I don't have a home to go to in the area. Chris knows that. Not that I have issues with my family, but I am in a different state.