- untitled #4 - (N. Romanoff)

TW: struggle with eating

WORD COUNT: 1910 Words

I spent the last few days with the Avengers like I normally do. Except, this time I didn't have Natasha or Wanda since Fury sent them and Clint on a separate mission.

Natasha is my girlfriend, as of forever. She knows me, more than anyone else can ever know me.

This last Avengers hangout was out of the city, away from the Compound we all call home. It was a fun few days, but the nights were exhausting. Since I had no roommate, I obviously was alone.

By myself entirely.

I don't have an issue with being alone but I put my all into my interactions with people. Natasha knows this, which is why she was reluctant to go on her mission.

The truth was I am not as perky or together as I may seem. And the only people to see me in my low moods were Natasha and Wanda. Maybe Clint.

After a few days of great fun, I promised a lot of things to my friends.

I promised Steve that I would train with him in the mornings since we both are usually up by early morning. I promised Thor & Peter that I would take them to a theme park soon. I promised Tony that I help him make sweet deserts for Morgan's bake sale tomorrow. I promised Pepper that I would keep Tony busy while she planned a party for Tony's birthday. I promised Bruce that I would help him find a gift for Tony.

The night we got home, we all went straight to our bedrooms. In my case, I went to Natasha's room. Natasha allowed me to get in the bed with her. Half awake, she welcomed me home with a kiss on the cheek before pulling me closer. "you're home," she said. I nodded, placing my forehead against hers and closing my eyes. Her eyes opened a moment after I placed our foreheads together.

It was like she already knew what was to come.

In the following next three days, I didn't get out of bed. I didn't follow through on my promises. No one saw me since the trip. The only person to be with me was Natasha. And, although I wasn't hungry, she brought food for each meal. If I didn't eat the food for each meal, she gave me snacks.

And if I didn't eat the snacks either, she would hand-feed me the food. Telling me each time I needed to eat, in a serious tone. Natasha rarely used a serious tone, but, when she did, I always listened.

Skipping ahead, it is day four. Tony's birthday.

Towards the end of day three, every person was concerned about what was going on with me. They never witnessed my lows or noticed it because I could always put on my own act and be happy. The prior idea was that Natasha and I had a lot of catching up to do after about a week apart. But, eventually, Natasha had to tell them. My promises made it difficult to give excuses that didn't match the last one.

I was asleep when I heard Tony yell. "she's going to get better if the rest of the team can see her." With that statement, it had to be that he wanted to check on me himself. Rather than get periodical updates from Natasha.

The two stood outside the bedroom. Failing to maintain a conversation in whispers, for the most part.

"Tony.." Natasha whispered, attempting to place her hand on Tony's arm. I heard him take a step back. "No, I need to help. Natasha, please." He begs. "she was fine a few days ago, and the days before that. Is she sick?" As I heard the tiny pitch of his voice, I take a deep breath in and let it out slowly. I want to get up and just be better for him, and Natasha. I also want to be better for Wanda, who Natasha hasn't let see me.