she left me (Natasha)

WORD COUNT: 490 Words

"Can you stay one more night?" I ask, my eyes watering. I haven't been able to sleep on my own for as long as I can try to remember. Ever since Natasha took me in, she has stayed with me but told me I have to learn to be on my own. At first, she stayed with me every night for a month then slowly pulled away. She stands in the doorway about to close the door, on her way out. She look back at me and shakes her head no slowly. I manage to hold in my tears until she closed the door. I feel like a child. I am nineteen. I should be able to sleep on my own. This isn't normal for adults.

I don't sleep.

I just wait for Natasha to come in, like she does every morning.

I look at the time, 7:45 AM.

7:58 AM

8:05 AM

10:43 AM

She's late.

I watched the door, hoping she would come in. I almost got excited when I heard the door open. Then I saw Wanda, with her usual sad smile. I sigh, and turn my head to face the ceiling. Wanda comes to lay down with me and pulls me into her for a hug. She places a kiss on my head. "How are you doing today?" she asks. I don't answer her and glance to the door, again hoping to see Natasha. It's just Steve. He just stands leaning on the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest as he watches Wanda and I. Only, he doesn't try to smile at me. He has a worried look on his face. I haven't left my bed in a week. I tried my best the past weeks to get over this feeling but I couldn't pretend anymore. Wanda and Steve did come in once in a while to make sure I ate, even though it was only one single bit of the food they brought. Wanda places another kiss on my head as her head looks straight ahead to the framed photo of Natasha smiling by the window. "I'm sorry, sweet pea" she whispers with her lips by my ear. "She can't tuck you in anymore."

I start to cry and Wanda holds me tight.

Natasha died.

I didn't actually see her since that last night she helped me sleep. It was the night before she went with the rest of the Avengers to save the world. The day before she gave her life to bring back hundreds of others from the snap.

"she left me..." I whisper softly.

Wanda holds me tighter and kissed the top of my head repeatedly. I can hear Wanda crying softly. She clears her throat. "It's going to be okay..."

Steve walked over to my bed and sat on the opposite side of me. He take a deep in before asking, "Do you still see her?" I nod my head.