Chapter Two

Zyair.

She's beautiful, that's what I thought when I first saw her. My mind keeps going around in circles at the sight of the girl in the forest. What was she thinking ? Her life couldn't possibly be as bad as taking her own life.

"Zyair !" My head snapped, looking up at the source of the voice calling my name. "What is it Vesper?" I asked him, annoyance visible in my voice. "You'll fall of that horse if you don't focus on the road ahead" he states. "I could ride this horse with my eyes closed cousin" I  teased him. My mind trailing back to that girl in the forest.

"You know you're going to get married Zyair, stop thinking about her" he says. We rode in silence to the Palace of Avalon. When we reached there, we were escorted inside by the guards. "The prince of Pedro is here my king" the man looking to be in his forties informed the king as we walked in. "yeah, because the prince of Lendorr is invisible" Vesper whispered with irritation towards the man who failed to recognize him. "Ahh, Prince Zyair. It is nice to finally meet you" he said holding out his hand, I took it. "Likewise King Richard" I said. "And Prince Vesper, what a nice suprise" he said taking Vesper's hand. "Nice to meet you your highness" was Vesper's response to Richard's surprise. "I'm sure you are aware of my wife beside me" Richard said gesturing to the beautiful woman beside him with black wavey hair, reminding me of a certain black haired lady in the forest.

"This way gentlemen" he instructed leading us to what seemed like a dining hall. "Have a sit" he said exactly when what I'm guessing to have been maids walked in with several plates of food and decked the table. "This is a little bit too much your highness" I said looking at the table decked up with every kind of foods "Speak for yourself cousin" Vesper said besides me, fascinated by the amount of food he sees. This amuses king Richard as he holds back a laughter. "Summon the princess" He instructed one of the guards and he took off. "You are aware of the alliance we are creating here Zyair ?" He asked "I am well aware your highness but with all due respect, I might be marrying your daughter but let me assure you, we are not on the first name basis" I said "Well, at least not yet" he replied, amusement dancing in his features. 'I don't like this man' I thought to myself.

I was about to retort when the doors opened and who I guess to be the princess walked in. Her torso looks familiar, her hair, just like her mother's, just like the lady in the forest " you called for me father" she said looking at her dress detail, it must be very interesting. "Your Prince is here" he said gesturing to me. She raised her eyes to look up at me. Those eyes, I knew she looked familiar. I was now standing with Vesper beside me. I was in a state of shock when the realization hit me, I looked at Vesper who mirrored my expression. That's her, that's the lady in the forest. She's the princess, my bride to be.

"Elayne, meet your groom to be, Prince Zyair" the queen said. However, Elayne wasn't as shocked as I was, instead she looked quite happy at the sight of me. "Have you met already ?" The Queen questioned when she  noticed the look on my face. "No" Elayne answered. Elayne, I kept repeating the name in my head, that's her name, Elayne. And suddenly  those are my new favorite letters E-L-A-Y-N-E in that order. "We have not met mother" she replied erasing her mother's curiosity. 

We sat and discussed preparations for the wedding when the King interjected "I believe we are all tired, Elayne please escort our visitors to their chambers" he said and suddenly the walk to the bedchambers was quite interesting to me but was gloomy again when she said "I'm sorry father, I cannot. I am sure you can find someone to show them up" with that she walked away. Disappearing behind the doors of the dining hall. Very interesting woman.

The king asked one of the maids to show us up. Vesper had his own chamber and I had mine. I was about to drift into sleep when a knock was heard on my door. I opened it and to my surprise Elayne was here "What are you doing here ?" I asked "will you invite me in your highness?" Was her response and so I did, I let her in. "You couldn't wait another second to see me, could you" I teased but I knew better, I knew better than to think this woman would care. "Don't get me wrong Prince Zyair, you seem like a good man. And I am pretty sure many princesses would take the opportunity of marrying you without a second thought but unfortunately I am not one of those princesses" she said looking away from the window and into my eyes. She's piercing my soul with her eyes. "I don't understand where you are heading with this conversation princess" I lied, I knew where she was headed. "I do not wish to marry you Prince Zyair and I am pretty sure you do not wish to marry me either so..." I cut her off "what makes you so sure ?" I asked her "excuse me ?" Sh was confused, I saw it in her features "what makes you so sure that I do not wish to marry you, princess ?" I asked her, "You do not want to marry me prince Zyair " she stated, she seem so sure "but I do princess and I will" I said moving closer. "So be it then, sleep and prepare yourself because as of tomorrow you will be a married man" she spat walking out the door but not before glaring back at me, eyes blazing with a fire. Fire I would never wish to put out.