Chapter five

Zyair

We left Avalon right after the wedding, honestly there was no reason to stay there anymore. I was already very irritated by Kimg Richard and leaving that palace was my main goal. We're riding back to Pedro with Elayne. Speaking of Elayne, I am still very stunned by her actions earlier today before we left her home. What did she mean by her father's last name has been nothing but a burden ?

"So, how does it feel to be married princess ?" Vesper jokes with her but she remains quiet. This time we're not riding by horse alone but by carriage. So it is a very awkward ride with her consistently being on mute. Vesper waits for an answer but receives none. My poor cousin. "Cousin?" He shifts the question to me. "I don't know about her but I'm looking forward to this marriage, I feel it will be quite interesting" I say glancing at a princess who's been looking out the window since we left her home. We've been traveling for more than an hour and she hasn't said a word nor has she looked away from the window. Hhm, that glass detail should be something very interesting.

We reached Pedro after two hours of traveling. We reached the Palace after twenty minutes. Vesper and I got of first. I stretched my hand out for my bride but not very surprisingly she wouldn't take it and got off on her own. "Ouch" Vesper said into my ear. "That should hurt your ego cousin" this amuses him a little bit too much for my liking. Vesper led the way into the palace greeting the guards which stood by the doors. They opened the doors letting us enter and we were welcomed by my family this time. "Welcome Princess" my mother exclaimed heading towards Elayne cupping her face into her hands "You are such a beauty" she complimented her "my my, your eyes" she said and that captured my attention "soo blue, soo beautiful" I know right I thought to myself. She gave her a curt smile and said "it is nice to meet you my queen" leaving the queen with a smile.

I looked around looking for one blonde haired girl I couldn't see, "Astoria ?" I asked not spotting her face amongst the ones I see. Just then she appeared in hurried steps. She walked towards me "Zyair !" I smiled at the sight of my sister, I have missed so dearly. She came and embraced me in a hug, backed away and said "I have missed you brother" she looked at Vesper "You too Cousin" she smiled. "For a moment there I thought you had forgotten about me" he teased "you ? Never" Astoria gasped before her eyes landed on Elayne. "My brother's bride" She said heading towards her in slow movements. "How beautiful" she said." You look very tired princess, are you not ?" Elayne just nodded her head. Okay now I'm seriously starting to believe she is a mute. I can take you up to your chambers if you'd like. Vesper and I glanced at each other. Astoria is just putting on an act, I know it. She doesn't like her, not even a little bit. "I don't think that's a good idea, let me.." I was cut off by my mother " Oh nonsense Zyair, let your sister take her. You'll have her all to yourself for the rest of the night anyway" she insisted and Vesper bumped my shoulder jokingly wiggling his eyebrows. Such a stupid boy. This seemed to catch Elayne's attention judging by her change in demeanor. Somebody's scared, I thought amused. "Alright" I said hesitantly "take her up" I hope she isn't too hard on her.

"Father" I said looking at the king. "You wanted to have a word ?" I asked "Yes, I did, how is she ?" He asked. "I'm not sure father, she hasn't spoken to the entire ride from her palace, nor has she once glanced at me" I explain truthfully to my father. "Give her time, she will warm up to you eventually" he sighs. I nod my head and he dismisses me. I get up and leave heading for my chamber, to my wife. Before I could go in I heard voices coming from inside "I expect you to think you can be comfortable around here princess" a pause  "don't be" Astoria, I thought hitting my forehead. "Your marriage with my brother doesn't make us sister's, you're just his  wife. One I am pretty sure he doesn't love so don't get too excited about him" She added and was about to say something else when I barged in and glared at her. "Brother, I was just giving her a warm welcome home" such an actor. "Yeah and I'm sure she has heard enough for one day, leave" I ordered her. She gave me a stunned look, 'fake' I scoffed. "Goodbye princess, sleep well" she said before leaving.

"I am very sorry about that" I said apologizing for my sister's words "which part" she asks. She finally speaks. "All of it" I say "My sister can be evil sometimes but.." she cut me off "save it for someone who cares, I don't need an apology" she spat not looking at me. "Alright listen here Blue, you don't get to speak to me like that. Astoria can be evil but trust I can be much worse so don't tempt me" I said very irritated with her attitude, all the while she's been looking into my eyes while I spoke "Blue ?" She questioned. Out of everything I have said, that's what she selectively came out with. Blue. "You must be tired, go to bed" I told her. She looked at me shocked, her eyes were questioning me. "Not tonight" I told her "And I'm pretty sure you don't want to either and I won't force you into it" Relief, that's what I saw on her face before she quickly wiped it off. She went into the the bathroom and came back dressed in her night clothing. She laid in bed next to me looking the opposite side and so was I. "Being unwanted isn't exactly something new to me, so your words can't hurt me Zyair" she said "I don't need you to love me, not at all" she said before drifting off to sleep.

What in the world does she mean by that. But I was too deep in thought with her words to even ask her what she meant. So I slept as well with her words replaying themselves in my head "I don't need you to love me, not at all.."

I apologize for the late update, busy day. Thank you for reading so far. And I can't update on Sundays, which is tomorrow. So please expect the next update on Monday. I won't be updating on all Sundays. Love ya'll so much.🫶🏽