Chapter 3: the worst day ever

I woke up to my alarm going off. This time not even my favourite song could get me up. I was feeling so lonely, it was my sisters birthday today, she would've been 20. She always talked about how excited she was for her 20th birthday, she had it all planned out. She was gonna rent a yacht and invite everyone she knows and party until the sun came up. She had been saving for it for 3 years. I picked up my phone finally, my calendar app sent a message, "AVA'S 20TH BIRTHDAY!!". Ava was one of those type of people who always see the positive side of life, and I aspired to be her. I went downstairs praying more than anything that my family would be there, and Ava would have a massive stack of pancakes like she did on her birthday and she would run up to me and hug me tight. Instead I went downstairs to an empty cold house.

I went back up and took a cold shower. I just felt like I didn't deserve a warm one. I know that sounds stupid but I do that a lot. I feel like I don't deserve something because Ava would have made it 100 times better, but she didn't get to live and I did and for that I feel guilty.

I did my makeup without admiring my skin, I threw my hair in a bun and got dressed

Your outfit

Dior texted me " hey boo leaving in 15" I texted her back "I'm actually going to walk today but thank you " "ok love you x"

I put down my phone and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at all my flaws, my pores, my freckles, my cheeks, my stomach and pretty much everything about me. I grabbed my anxiety bracelet and started to pull it hard and then let go. I did it so many times my arm started to bruise in the place it was hitting. I looked at my phone, it was 10, first class was at nine but I felt numb and couldn't physically move.

My heart felt heavy and I texted my mom. "Hey mom it's Ava's birthdays today, wish you were here I miss you xx" I looked down at my phone my heart sank completely, as I read out the words "the user you are trying to reach is no longer available". It felt like a gut punch. I finally turned off my phone and decided I should get to school because it might take my mind off of things.

I grabbed my bag, I didn't even pack it and had no lunch but I didn't care. I made my way outside and started my long walk to school. I could feel the tears trying their best to fight their way out but I didn't let them. I started pulling my anxiety bracelet until I got to school. I got to the school and checked my phone 11:30 it was half way through ms Higgins class shit! I ran inside and tried to quietly sneak into the class but she noticed me. "Y/n! Why are you late?" She said angrily " sorry miss" I said snapping my bracelet against my wrist harder behind my back. "Do you atleast have a note from your parent explaining why your late?" She said demanding " no sorry miss I don't" I said looking down. The teacher looked at me disappointed and then said " and did you get that test singed by your parent to let them know your failing?" "No" I said whispered under my breath " and why not?!" Ms Higgins said trying to look me in the eye but my eyes remained stuck to the ground " my mom's not home" I gulped " what about your dad" I looked up at her "no" I said shaking my head, holding back tears. Ms Higgins looked at me angrily " I don't know what to do with you anymore go outside and I'll deal with you in a minute" " yes miss" I said snapping my bracelet really hard against my wrist that it started to bleed. I felt all eyes on me as I walked out including Walker. How humiliating, I thought this day really can't get any worse.

After about five minutes Dior came out with a hall pass around her neck. "I told her I was going to the bathroom, but are you ok she was really tough on you" she said her eyes wandering to my wrist,I noticed her eyes on my bruised red wrist and put it behind my back " ye I'm fine honestly" I said lying " are you sure you didn't tell me your moms gone again" she said looking at my eyes now " ye I swear I'm fine I just forgot to tell you but I swear I'm okay, you better go back before she comes looking for you" I said swallowing the lump in my throat. Dior nodded " ok love you"
"Love you"

The door slammed and a tear ran down my face.

Author again, pretty boring chapter but gives some background detail anyway hope your enjoying it and decide to keep reading xx

Chapter:849 words