Chapter10: the new kid pt.2

I woke up the next morning Diors legs on the bed the rest of her body lifeless on the floor and Leah spread out underneath me.

I manage to get up without any of them waking and go to the bathroom. My phone dings and I check the time first. "7 am, really who the fuck Is messaging me at 7 in the morning" I say quietly to myself. I go to check the message and realise that I recognise this number. My heart rate fastens and breath quickens. I click on the message, my fingers trembling. It was my mom.

I read out the message in my head over and over again " I need money please, this is Alyssa btw".

My heart completely dropped. She doesn't even call herself my mom anymore.

I immediately go to text her back about her blocking me, abandoning me and then I look at the message again. There was nothing I could do anymore. She was too far gone. If she really didn't care about me then I shouldn't care about her enough to even text her back.

I went to turn off my phone when another text came through " please y/n I need it". Something about that text made her seem so fragile and helpless that I gave in.

"How much?" I typed ignoring everything inside me that was telling me not to. "800"I looked at the message my mouth wide open. I don't even have 800 euro for myself let alone to give away. Just as I was going to tell her no she typed again " I know you have the money in your bank account, please I wouldn't ask if I didn't need it"

Ye MY bank account, not hers and it was all the money I had worked up for from jobs for college! But she was still my mom, even if I was no longer her daughter, and she needed me, so I was going to be there for no matter what.

"I'll have it to you by the end of the day." I said abruptly ending the conversation and Turing off my phone.

I got in the shower and washed my hair. I felt the hot water hit my skin and I winced at first. And then I let it out silently, I just sobbed in the shower, the water washing away my tears the second they hit my face. When I got out my eyes were bloodshot so I grabbed my eye drops and squeezed a few in. Then I dried my hair and unlocked the door.

I went out to find Dior and Leah still passed out but we still had another two hours till school so I let them sleep. I went over to my vanity and put in my AirPods to listen to music. I played "good 4 you" by Olivia Rodrigo. This time streams of tears ran down my face as I closed my eyes and remembered when me and my sister would drive around blasting this song on repeat as we screamed our hearts out. We were meant to go to her concert this year but...well.

When I eventually stopped crying my eyes were too far gone to be covered, I just hoped that they would calm down before Leah and Dior woke up.
I did my makeup using a skin tint today to hide my tear stained cheeks. Then I got out the straightener and straightened my hair.

Leah finally lifted her head and looked around the room confused. I turned and smiled at her then pointed at Dior and she laughed. " I'm gonna get dressed" I said getting up and going over to my wardrobe "there's towels under the sink if you want to take a shower" I said closing the door of the wardrobe "thanks" she yelled back

 " I'm gonna get dressed" I said getting up and going over to my wardrobe "there's towels under the sink if you want to take a shower" I said closing the door of the wardrobe "thanks" she yelled back