Chapter 17

Becky's guilt was eating her alive. Billy was being such a gentleman. While they went skating, he was by her side for support - being slightly more advanced. With a respectful hand on her waist or in her own, Billy courteously escorted her around the rink. He was full of jokes and goofiness that couldn't help but make Becky laugh. He was really turning on the charm, too. He was overflowing with compliments to make up for lost time. And on top of everything, he kept buying her food. The food was what made her truly second-guess her decision. How could Becky do that to him after such a perfect day?

She knew Freen would be expecting the deed to be done when she returned from her shift at Dairy Queen, but that wasn't the case. Now was not the time. Even after coming home from the skating rink, Billy's chivalry didn't let up. He was polite and receptive to how Becky wanted to spend their time, now that they were somewhat alone. Irin was there, but she was expertly being a third wheel - both fascinated and distracted by the nonsense on her phone. She pretty much left them alone the entire time. While Irin was disengaging herself, Becky was cooped up in Billy's arms watching old music videos. It was almost kind of nice, if she could ignore how her thoughts only consisted of a particular thai beauty. Everything was tainted by Freen. Becky found herself wishing she'd done everything today with Freen rather than the boy nuzzling up to her. Her guilt was almost all she could think about. She was saved by her dad, though.

William returned from his outings about thirty minutes after they did. He was more than surprised to find Billy and Irin hanging around Becky instead of Freen. Once he recovered from his shock, he rounded up Billy to talk man to man. Becky was grateful for the distraction. Irin eventually dismissed herself and went up to the room they were supposedly staying in. Becky occupied the rest of her time by texting Freen in her room whenever she had a free moment at work. By the time Freen finally did make it home, she was exhausted. Becky was used to the sight. The few days a week Freen did have to work, she came home completely spent. It usually made for great cuddling sessions.

Now that Freen finally had a moment alone with Becky, she wanted to relish in it. She ascended up the stairs with only one intention. Becky was just across the hall winding down from her activities, in her room. She was only now taking off her jacket and her shoes. Freen found it incredibly endearing that instead of one of her numerous jackets, Becky had chosen to take the one Freen lent to her some time ago. Right as Becky tossed it onto her bed, Freen knocked on her own door timidly. "Can I come in?"

"It's your room," she laughed. "Of course you can," Becky acquiesced gently and turned around at the lovely voice. It was relieving to be here with Freen after putting up with those two fools all day.

Freen let herself in and crossed the room. With only one destination in mind, she found herself hugging Becky from behind as her chosen form of greeting. "Hi, Becky."

"Hi, Freen," Becky smiled softly and placed her hands over Freen's. Her cheeks had taken on a nice tint from Freen's affection.

"How was today?" Freen questioned and had every intention of letting go for a brief hug, but selfishly prolonged it. Not being able to cuddle for an entire day does that to a girl.

"Exhausting," she complained and rolled her eyes.

"I thought you'd enjoy yourself," Freen said snidely when she recalled how hastily they all left.

"I did too. And then we left and I remembered every reason why I didn't like them," Becky admitted with a light chuckle. It was a slight exaggeration. She did enjoy her time with Billy, it was just a little skewed.

"Well, I'm glad you're back now," Freen changed the subject and leaned up closer to her face to see her better.

"Me too. I think I might've missed you a little bit," Becky teased and turned to face Freen. Their faces were awfully close.