Chapter 20

Freen expected to be the real cook between the two of them, but Becky was constantly surprising her. When Becky was unable to come across any more cans of soup to burn, Freen tried to take over and prepare one of her favorite dishes for her. Becky, being the stubborn soul that she was, refused and insisted on making something for her like she claimed. Though the shorter girl wasn't exactly chef caliber, Freen had to admit that she made some pretty badass sandwiches.

"This is so great. You're so great," Freen gushed as Becky came behind her. In the midst of eating her sandwich, she just had to turn and praise her endeavors.

"Ditto," Becky nuzzled her face against Freen's back.

"You know, I just might let you take over the cooking from now on," Freen mentioned through another mouthful.

"Well in that case, I hope you like cereal," Becky laughed, although she wasn't joking in the slightest. Their meals would consist of cereal three times a day. If she was feeling fancy, they might have ramen noodles every so often. Probably only on holidays.

"No, you have to make a sandwich just like this every time," Freen declined and helped herself to some more.

"Maybe," Becky shrugged, but didn't really entertain the idea. She was far too busy occupying her hands with caressing Freen's body. Their brief moment of serenity was destroyed when Freen's phone rung. An obnoxious ringtone blared from the device and startled both Freen and Becky. The paler girl rushed to answer it, just to get rid of the sound.

"Hello?" Freen answered without checking the caller ID, but discovered that she didn't need to when she heard the familiar pandemonium in the background.

"Save me," Noey pleaded and took the phone away to scold another sibling. "Seriously, get me out of this house."

"Hello to you too," Freen laughed at her stress and shifted her weight.

"Get off of me, annoying," Noey commanded her rambunctious siblings. Freen's bet was that it was Regina. "I'm not kidding, Freen. I'm gonna strangle one of them - Stop doing that!" she yelled and seemingly disappeared from the line for a moment. "Horn Fuzzy, I'm begging you."

"What's up, are you baby sitting or something?" Freen assumed and Becky leaned up to silently ask who she was speaking to. Freen mouthed Noey and Becky nodded, then retired back to her cozy position.

"No. I'm trying to relax and these heathens won't leave me alone," Noey grumbled and Freen suddenly heard running, then a door closing. "I'll probably come over soon."

"Are you hiding in the bathroom again?" Freen giggled at the familiar sequence of sounds.

"Yes," she answered resolutely with no trace of amusement.

"When were you planning on coming?" Freen asked for a rough estimate.

"Now," Noey responded when several little hands began banging on the door.

"Why don't we just go out? I'm tired of being here and my house is getting way too crowed anyway, if you ask me..." Freen grumbled to Noey, remembering the two imbeciles in her living room.

"Sure," Noey agreed quickly, and Freen could tell her temper was actually rising. "We can go somewhere and I'll disappear so you and Becca can enjoy your date."

"Shut up," Freen laughed but couldn't help smiling at the thought.

"I'm really good at being a third wheel, though," Noey insisted and Freen could hear her smug smile through the phone.

"You wouldn't be," Freen shook her head fondly and reached to grab Becky's hand. It was busy tracing patterns into her abdomen from behind. It was beginning to tickle, so Freen held it instead.