Rise of The Snakes

I take in a breath of fresh air as I awake to the usual chirping of birds outside. Spring had finally arrived and I could see the lovely blooming of magnolia flowers from outside of my window. My favourite season had come and I was delighted to see varieties of flowers on my day out today. Taking in the lovely scenery, I lay in bed for a couple more minutes before finally hopping out and stretching, my back and neck aching, oh well, those are the consequences of sleeping on the floor. Fortunately, today was my day off so I had some time to relax and hang with my younger brother lloyd. Today we had to go out and get some groceries for the upcoming week. I look down to my brother, his blonde hair messy and all over the place and his chest heaving softly making the most gentle whistle sound from his nose while breathing as he slept. It hurt to wake him up from his slumber but I'll make it up to him later.

"Lloyd, wake up, it's grocery day," I whisper softly into his ear as I shake him ever so gently.

"Aww 5 more minutes please..." He groans, wiping his eyes groggily.

"Alright but after that get dressed immediately!" I say, kissing him on his forehead, before I head out into the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. Our house was rather small but we made it work, with only 3 rooms, our bedroom, the kitchen/dining/living room area and our bathroom. It was truly a miracle for me and my brother when we met an old man who found us on the streets and offered to give us his old house, this was luckily only a few days after we had been abandoned by our parents. We also lived in a convenient location, on the outskirts of Jamanakai village, just a short 5 minute walk away.

I took in a deep breath, put on my frilly red apron, and got to work, preparing me and Lloyd some strawberry and cream filled croissants for our breakfast. I smiled in amusement as I imagined to myself, the sight of an excited Lloyd ready to gobble all the croissants up. It was a treat for the both of us, seeing how we both loved sweet foods and couldn't afford to eat fancy things like this often.

"Morning Y/N... WHATT!! THOSE LOOK DELICIOUS!" I watched Lloyd, his face brightening up almost instantaneously, as he stepped out of the bathroom. His eyes gleaming in sight of the food placed on the table. I chuckled as I watched him dart towards his seat and start chomping down on the food.

"Thank you sis!" He said, his mouth full of food, and his eyes appearing to be watering in delight of his sweet cravings being fulfilled.

I patted his head, smiling brightly at him and said, "No problem lloyd, and what have I told you about talking with your mouth full! It's disrespectful," He only nodded in response and I finally went off to change as well. I decided to wear a bright purple shirt and a long denim skirt to contrast with today's lovely weather and my bright mood. After I had finished cleaning up after breakfast, I grabbed my bag and my grocery cart with me and headed out with Lloyd to start on today's tasks!

At Jamanakai Village

"Okay, you have your phone with you, so call me if you need help or anything, and don't cause trouble!" I remind Lloyd and leave him at a playground so he doesn't feel bored while I do the grocery shopping.

"Alright! Love you sis! I'll just be rightttt here!" Lloyd replies. I hug him and head off to the shops, despite Lloyd's "good" behaviour I can't help but get a lingering feeling that something might go wrong today...

Lloyd's POV

Just as Y/N turns her back, I smile cheekily as I continue waving at her till she's out of sight. I pull my black hood up and run behind a fountain in the centre of the village. I've been planning my devious plan since the start of the week and can't wait to chomp on some more sweets!! I clear my throat one more time before commencing my plan.