Snakebit

(had to share the word of twice sorry yall)

I sat in the kitchen sipping on some tea as I watched my uncle wake up the boys with his gong. How does he still have that thing? I thought it finally burned down with the monastery... I thought back to the previous days. I had been making some good progress with Cole and Zane, all that's left is to try and befriend Nya, Jay and Kai! Can't be too hard if I managed to randomly become besties with Cole right? I get up and walk to the boys' room to see what Wu's task for them was today.

"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time. Since the Serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head... " I hear Jay say as I enter.

"Morning guys. What is today's task Uncle? You still haven't given me a chance to start training the ninja." I walk while sipping on my drink.

"I think today's lesson would be chores." I choke on my drink at his response.

"Chores?!" Everyone yells.

"Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean." Cole replies.

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it." I cover my ears as he starts banging on the gong again. I seriously need to get rid of that thing.

"This place is gonna take forever to clean and fix up." Kai groans.

"Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?" Jay says. I leave them to do their chores as I head to my room to train with my spear. It had been a long time since I've used it anyways.

- - - - - - - - - - Time Skip - - - - - - - - - -

I sit on the couch and watch as the ninja play their video games. I should ask them to teach me how to play them sometime so I can play with Lloyd. Just then, Nya and Wu enter, surprised at the cleanliness of the ship.

"What took you so long?" Kai says.

"Wow, This place looks amazing! You guys did all this?" Nya says, marvelling at the sight of them being diligent for once.

"Ninja don't just fight, Nya. We clean." Cole replies.

"Oh, you have exceeded my expectations..." Wu says. Well that's a first.

"...but can you keep it up?" He continues after being interrupted by a car honk. I look out of the window and see a car driving towards the bounty.

"Looks like we're about to have some visitors, and loud ones at that." Nya says.

"Ugh...It's my parents. Please, if they start yapping, just don't let them go on, okay? They don't know when to quit. And if you start talking then they'll start talking, and suddenly half the day is gone before you know it ends-" Jay rants.

"We get it! They talk a lot! The cherry doesn't fall far from its blossom..." Kai interrupts. We all walk towards the entrance and watch the little family reunion that goes on with Jay and his parents.

"Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?" He says faking his happiness.

"Oh, look! It's my baby boy! It's been so long since we heard from you!" I smile at his mom. I wish my mom could've been there for me and Lloyd like that. Oh well, I've got to hope that Lloyd at least felt all that love from me.

"Ma, I called you two days ago." Jay says, dragging his words.

"Oh well... It's not soon enough, son. When are you coming out to the junkyard? You say you are coming an..an..and you don't." I shake my head disapprovingly, Jay will be given a talking to later.