Home

I had been wandering aimlessly around the monastery once I knew that all the ninja were asleep, trying to shove down unwanted memories that started surfacing in my mind as I walked past familiar spots. I sat and stared into the deep midnight sky and watched all the stars above glisten in the night. Why have I been brought back here? What do you have in store for me this time?  I jumped at the sudden touch of someone behind me.

"Sorry, I didn't know you jumped easily!" It was the black ninja who I had found out a couple hours earlier, was called Cole. He joined me in my star-gazing and sat close to me. Shit should I say something? Goddamnit it the way I'm sitting is probably really weird huh... Wait, should I scoot over? Does he have enough spa-

"Sorry for hanging up Lloyd on the sign." I looked at him surprised he actually would apologise. Maybe it really is just the Kai dude that's mean.

"Thanks for apologising I guess."

"Can I ask why you don't wanna be a ninja?" I flinch at that question. Nah you better not vent to a stranger...

"Uh um so uh- yeah sorry I don't feel comfortable telling you that..." Argh you're stuttering again!

"Can I ask why you decided to talk to me? I mean, once I get Lloyd back I'll be leaving immediately. You all seem to hate me too..."

"Oh. Well, I was just curious about your situation. It's not like you meet the spawn of the Dark Lord everyday. Plus it's not like we hate you. It's just Kai that is skeptical." Ah so he only wanted to talk to me because of that...

"Yeah Kai seems like a dick honestly... How did he not see me fighting the serpentine earlier? I literally saved your ass from being hypnotised!" Cole chuckled at my words.

"Yeah he's like that... You know on our first mission he would not stop running off to do his own thing?! He even tried fighting Garmadon on his own!" I laughed a bit at that.

"He's hopeless huh..." I add.

"Yeah but once you get to know him he isn't the worst," He remarks.

"Isn't the worst..? Are you implying that your friend is still bad?" I ask teasingly.

"Yep he's super hardheaded,"

We both laughed with each other and I felt some peace for the first time in a while. It's been so long since I've had a proper conversation with someone my age that did not end up with me feeling like they hated me.

"Well we should get some shut-eye, it's so late. I look forward to your training master!" I giggle as he raises his hand to his forehead to give me a salute.

"Thank you my diligent student! I look forward to giving you a proper teaching tomorrow! Remember, do not put off tomorrow what can be done today!" I copy his actions as we end up in a laughing fit. I'm sure we might've woken up some of the others. Cole walks me to my room as I wave goodnight to him. That night was one of those very few occasions where I didn't have any nightmares.

- - - - - - - - - - - Time Skip - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke up with a smile this time feeling pleased with my conversation with Cole yesterday. It had been a while since I've talked to someone my age, let alone joked with them. It felt so refreshing and relaxing. Suddenly the sounds of knocking interrupt my thoughts and I stand up to open the door.

"Y/N? I'd like to speak with you." I felt a sinking feeling in my heart when I saw Wu at the door. I was dreading having to talk with him after what had gone down years ago. He led me to his room and I felt a sense of nostalgia seeing his insane amount of scrolls that remained on the shelves.

Ninjago reader insert!! (cole x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें